removing smells from your car?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crows

Super Freak
Reaction score
someone put some terrible cherry or strawberry car perfume on a friends' car and now it smells like horrible perfume, makes me gag.

is not a gross smell, it is hard to say, like really sweet old lady perfume.

what can we do

someone put some terrible cherry or strawberry car perfume on a friends' car and now it smells like horrible perfume, makes me gag.

is not a gross smell, it is hard to say, like really sweet old lady perfume.

what can we do

Maybe add an air freshener to displace the scent?

Burn it.

Put an equally offensive men's cologne like old spice to negate effects

Give the car to your grandmother for cash

Burn it.

Leave a couple of pounds of ground beef in a grocery bag under the back seat for several days. It'll wipe out, with extreme prejudice, whatever weird strawberry scent remains.

SnakeDoc

Run the car with the windows up and the AC running and from outside spray Lysol into the air vents near the wipers. Kill the engine and let the car sit for a few hours with the windows up and repeat until it smells only like Lysol. Then leave the windows open and the Lysol smell will disappear.

Learn to live with it....be one with the smell.

That skunk smell from the highway? Aphrodisiac!

Leave a couple of pounds of ground beef in a grocery bag under the back seat for several days. It'll wipe out, with extreme prejudice, whatever weird strawberry scent remains.

SnakeDoc

Can you substitute the ground beef with other meat products? Say, several pounds of shrimp?

You could also air it out. Anything perfumey I get gagged too. Roll the windows up and maybe spray Lysol or something?

Back in highschool there was a guy that stole my girlfriend. I dropped a dead goldfish in the sunroof of his stupid Pontiac Fiero.

You could also air it out. Anything perfumey I get gagged too. Roll the windows up and maybe spray Lysol or something?

we tried opening it for a couple of days and even drove around but it is still there. tried cleaning it with disinfectant but the perfume smell is too strong

we tried opening it for a couple of days and even drove around but it is still there. tried cleaning it with disinfectant but the perfume smell is too strong
Wow. I don't know what to tell you. That's awful. Can you find maybe some cologne strong enough to balance it out? Of course you wouldn't want the smells to mix but at this rate you probably a need a stronger scent.

Can you substitute the ground beef with other meat products? Say, several pounds of shrimp?

Can't vouch for it, but I imagine so. I've only tried the ground beef. Ground beef is cheaper than shrimp or steaks ... so that's something.

wet beef or dry?

Raw. Still in the package. Preferably in the summer heat. Vultures will be circling ... and not for the lingering cherry or strawberry air freshener scent.

SnakeDoc

-Can't vouch for it, but I imagine so. I've only tried the ground beef. Ground beef is cheaper than shrimp or steaks ... so that's something.

I only brought it up because I have immediate access to shrimp.

crows, you and your friend go to Taco Bell and load up on bean burritos then when those start to work, roll the windows up and let it fly! Make sure you sit right on top of wherever it is that the perfume was put.

Or.....go to your local humane society and ask them if you could rent a few of their long haired dogs and wet them down then let them sit in the car for awhile. Of course, don't let them overheat if it's hot.

Or seriously, get some odor absorbers. Or maybe take the car to a place that details cars, they might have some ideas.

Leave some charcoal in the car and it should neutralize the odor, hope it helps!

Back