Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AvidCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a theory for Vol. 2 it could be like December-ish or January (based on the intial release of GOTG) when we maybe see anything of it?
I knew they were also shown in August when GOTG came out.
Any thoughts on Thor: Ragnarok too? I know it's a long way off. I'm really looking forward to these :D
Hulk in Gladiator armor too :D

There's already a Guardians 2 speculation thread. Both are a bit far away really. But for Thor, as a Thor-verse collector I'm expecting his to be the best to date. The previous 4 in my opinion all get better the newer they are. Hopefully Loki will be more like the Thor 1 figure we didn't get. I'm not really thinking too far ahead to Hulk etc. It would be funny for me if I did get him as I passed on him for Age of Ultron and stuck with old Banner figure.

There's already a Guardians 2 speculation thread. Both are a bit far away really. But for Thor, as a Thor-verse collector I'm expecting his to be the best to date. The previous 4 in my opinion all get better the newer they are. Hopefully Loki will be more like the Thor 1 figure we didn't get. I'm not really thinking too far ahead to Hulk etc. It would be funny for me if I did get him as I passed on him for Age of Ultron and stuck with old Banner figure.
For Hulk it's exciting about how he could have a Planet Hulkish inspired HT. I'm really looking forward to Vol. 2 HT's. Since I was considering rebuying a Star Lord HT when I think it would be better to wait since prices have increased a lot since then.

The only figure I know for certain I'll be buying from Thor 3 is Loki. I have Avengers Loki and Thor 2 Loki, so I might as well complete the trilogy. Hoping his hair and costume design are more noticeably different this time around so there's a little variety on the shelf. I'd be open to any of the new characters (especially Hela) if I really liked them in the film.

I own the GotG Star Lord and likely won't double-dip since his costume doesn't seem to have changed much. Not really interested in the other Guardians except Rocket. The GotG Hot Toys Rocket didn't impress me enough to buy it... If the GotG 2 Rocket includes baby Groot I might be tempted.

No matter which ones I get or pass on, I'm excited to see all the new designs!

I have both Hulks and didnt want to buy anymore but I cant pass on a Gladiator Hulk. Just gotta store a Hulk

The only figure I know for certain I'll be buying from Thor 3 is Loki. I have Avengers Loki and Thor 2 Loki, so I might as well complete the trilogy. Hoping his hair and costume design are more noticeably different this time around so there's a little variety on the shelf. I'd be open to any of the new characters (especially Hela) if I really liked them in the film.

I own the GotG Star Lord and likely won't double-dip since his costume doesn't seem to have changed much. Not really interested in the other Guardians except Rocket. The GotG Hot Toys Rocket didn't impress me enough to buy it... If the GotG 2 Rocket includes baby Groot I might be tempted.

No matter which ones I get or pass on, I'm excited to see all the new designs!
I am too! So many great exciting designs to look forward to!
I'm really interested in how Loki's role will be in Ragnarok since the trickster has certainly got himself now in an interesting position :lol
I also own the GOTG Star Lord. :D I tried to give him custom hands and since that he's hand less on one of the arms when the HT peg broke. And during a move long before trying to customize the hands I misplaced all of his accessories. :slap:panic: I'll definitely have to pick up Vol. 2 Star Lord. I'm hoping for a shorter jacket version of him. And Ego too Star Lord's father played by Kurt Russell those two will definitely be on my buy list.

I have both Hulks and didnt want to buy anymore but I cant pass on a Gladiator Hulk. Just gotta store a Hulk

A Gladiator Hulk would look so damn cool. That's another I probably won't be able to pass up either. :)

I am too! So many great exciting designs to look forward to!
I'm really interested in how Loki's role will be in Ragnarok since the trickster has certainly got himself now in an interesting position :lol
I also own the GOTG Star Lord. :D I tried to give him custom hands and since that he's hand less on one of the arms when the HT peg broke. And during a move long before trying to customize the hands I misplaced all of his accessories. :slap:panic: I'll definitely have to pick up Vol. 2 Star Lord. I'm hoping for a shorter jacket version of him. And Ego too Star Lord's father played by Kurt Russell those two will definitely be on my buy list.

Loki is one of my favorite MCU characters but I'm hoping Taika is able to bring something truly fresh to his role in Thor 3. We've seen him good, bad, and in-between... not to mention "dead" twice already :lol I'd like to see the movie explore his relationship with Hela - is she his daughter? Mother? Partner in crime? No matter what, it's Cate Blanchett and Tom Hiddleston. It's got to be good, right? :wink1:

Poor handless Peter! :rotfl Hope you're able to find his stuff! I think you're guaranteed a shorter jacket on Star Lord based on that concept art. Ego's costume looked awesome at SDCC. He'll probably be a really cool figure, too.

Not the first time I've said it in the last couple of weeks, but I would kill for a 1/4 scale Loki... That level of detail of a quarter scale Hiddle-sculpt... and the robes and helmet. :yess:

I was actually tempted at the time by that, even though I only have on PFF, but didn't really feel the likeness. What Hot Toys are currently managing with their head-sculpts, bumped up in the bigger scale.. That really gets me hopeful.

I was/am a little tempted to PO one, but the helmet looks oddly placed on the head. Oh well. It would be awesome if Hot Toys took a crack at a 1/4 Loki!

Statues are so expensive to ship too. To get that from Sideshow is about 3-4 times what I paid in shipping for QS005 from Popcultcha. Just looking at the Dark World Thor, he looks pretty good also.

After James Gunn spoke about it, you'll see Nebula and Mantis from all the companies as well as a huge emphasis o Groot. All I need is Star Lord and Ego depending on how he looks.

Loki is one of my favorite MCU characters but I'm hoping Taika is able to bring something truly fresh to his role in Thor 3. We've seen him good, bad, and in-between... not to mention "dead" twice already :lol I'd like to see the movie explore his relationship with Hela - is she his daughter? Mother? Partner in crime? No matter what, it's Cate Blanchett and Tom Hiddleston. It's got to be good, right? :wink1:

Poor handless Peter! :rotfl Hope you're able to find his stuff! I think you're guaranteed a shorter jacket on Star Lord based on that concept art. Ego's costume looked awesome at SDCC. He'll probably be a really cool figure, too.
Cate and Tom are going to be awesome to see on the big screen. Thanks I've been looking everywhere and :lol And yea I agree about the amazing concept art it's pretty much guaranteed and can't wait to see Ego's look in HT :D

Back