Statue Oxmox Rayman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pizzazz

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Just realized I've owned this guy for a year now and just have to share the tale.

So I've loved Rayman ever since I picked up Rayman 2 for the N64. That was my favorite out of all of them; so much so that I own it for every system it ever came out on. Although, excluding the Rabbids games, most of the Rayman games were worth at least playing once.

I was browsing Rayman merchandise and my jaw dropped when I saw photos of a lifed sized statue that was used to promote Rayman 3 in Europe. It was beautiful. I had to have it.

However... Due to how long it had been since his release, and potential language barrier problems, my search turned up very empty and I was certain this was on collectible I would never have in my possession. Then, one day, I found a dealer of Oxmox statues on eBay from Germany who had a message on their auctions to message them should I want a statue they don't currently have listed.

I did, and got almost an instant reply! This fellow was so on top of things he knew of two people who had the statue and told me to sit tight while he checked on it. I was constantly checking my email, screaming when I finally got a reply where I was told not only would one sell, but it was a complete statue! This is ultra rare; most of these things wind up with their cords missing.

The asking price was $1800. Thankfully I was allowed to do a payment plan and at last came the day when he was shipped.

He arrived in two huge boxes.

mpX7hhN.jpg

I should have taken a picture of him before assembly, but here's one the seller sent me:

DB6jAtY.jpg

Because I was so scared of breaking a piece I carefully carried almost all it down one part at a time to my basement. Assembly wasn't quite too bad until I got to the base. The markings should have made it click sooner rather than later, but one part had to be placed down and twisted in order to fit. Other than that, it really wasn't too complicated, even thought it's actually taller than me! xD

Here he is, all set up:

stlfQTW.jpg

He is truly the crown jewel of my collectibles. I feel so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to get him. Since then I have only seen one more show up on Ebay that was horribly broken and actually more expensive than mine. This may sound silly, but I feel that I was meant to own this statue. Everything just worked out all too well for me.

What a strange game. Reminds Mr. Green of Oddworld. Congrats on your acquisition.

Last edited:
Back