Typhon Studio 1/3 Deadpool Deadfool Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klwn

Super Freak
Reaction score
So this is kind of under the radar for now.
Apparently Typhon is a brand new company, looks like they don't even have a website yet.

I think the proto looks great, nice base as well:

deadfoola-z.jpg
deadfoolb-z.jpg
deadfoolc-z.jpg

Price in Europe is 280€ (saw it on a Malaysian website for $217 though) and release date is September 2016.

From what I was able to gather it's an edition of 800 pieces, and cut-off for pre-ordering was 8th July. I tried to order it from several sources, but they either sent me to someone else, advised me against ordering from them, or just didn't reply.

There's also an X-Force version, but I couldn't find any details on that at all.

From what I was able to gather it's an edition of 800 pieces, and cut-off for pre-ordering was 8th July. I tried to order it from several sources, but they either sent me to someone else, advised me against ordering from them, or just didn't reply.

There's also an X-Force version, but I couldn't find any details on that at all.

The Belgian retailer selling this is very reputable so I wouldn't worry if I were to order from them (pre-orders are still open btw), problem is this is the company's first product so it's hard to know what to expect. Production pieces might look like total crap :lol
I really like the proto though, and the price is reasonable for a 1/3 bust.

The Belgian retailer selling this is very reputable so I wouldn't worry if I were to order from them (pre-orders are still open btw), problem is this is the company's first product so it's hard to know what to expect. Production pieces might look like total crap :lol
I really like the proto though, and the price is reasonable for a 1/3 bust.

I did consider the Belgian site, but for the reasons you state, plus the fact that the pound is now in the toilet it seemed better to wait to see how things go. Plus soon after the SS life-size bust was put forward, and on the WIP we saw that looks killer.

This does look so good though...

I don't collect busts but this looks damn good. Considering this is a 1/3 scale bust, the price is great too.

it looks nice, but the scale is rather peculiar. 1:2 would have been better.

Assuming they have a legit Marvel license, they probably had to go with a weird scale so as not to conflict with other companies' products. Sideshow might be the only one with the rights to do 1:2 scale busts.

Assuming they have a legit Marvel license, they probably had to go with a weird scale so as not to conflict with other companies' products. Sideshow might be the only one with the rights to do 1:2 scale busts.

If it's true with a run of 800 in the ES. I'd say it's safe to say the have a license from Marvel to produce them.

Already put in my order for one. There's no way I could pass something this good of my boy Deadpool.

I'm not too sure about this. There are as couple of things that don't give me good feelings. The fact that there's no Marvel insignia is a bit concerning, the fact the name of it is Deadfool and not Deadpool makes me think they don't have the rights such as some of the 1/6 companies that produce figures that look really similar to a certain character and give it a weird name (Tom Hardy as Mad Max with no available rights so they called it wasteland ranger), and the fact it says 1/3th scale, which should clearly be 1/3rd.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not too sure about this. There are as couple of things that don't give me good feelings. The fact that there's no Marvel insignia is a bit concerning, the fact the name of it is Deadfool and not Deadpool makes me think they don't have the rights such as some of the 1/6 companies that produce figures that look really similar to a certain character and give it a weird name (Tom Hardy as Mad Max with no available rights so they called it wasteland ranger), and the fact it says 1/3th scale, which should clearly be 1/3rd.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes very good points, the Deadfool part was the most intriguing to me as I have indeed noticed those unlicensed figures with weird names in the past.
Now that you mention it, the Belgian retailer does sell those figures so the fact that this isn't licensed wouldn't stop them.

But, worst case scenario, if the production pieces are good, this is like getting a very nice custom bust (and for much less money than a custom).

Back