Question about Toybiz Collector Figures 12" Green Box Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdexam

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to 1/6 figures and just starting to collect the original toybiz 12" figures recently, however I am not sure about that green box Arwen. Does anyone have more information about her? I have seen the white dress in red box, but first time saw it in green box, is that a limited release in some country? Thanks.
13776044_10157455896405019_2355555849232916952_n.jpg

13769510_10157455896540019_4832325361354557329_n.jpg

Green box probably means it was released with the Fellowship.

Toybiz used green for the Fellowship, red for Towers and blue for Return of the King. They did have country exclusives in the 6" scale but they were sendup figures or packaging with multiple languages.

Hope that helps.

Do you actually have this, or are these photos off the Internet? I collected and followed this line pretty closely back in the day, including all the variant talk on thegd.com, and I think this is the first time I'm seeing this.

There were two photo variants for the green box 12" Arwen, but neither is the white dress photo pictured here - which is identical to the red box photo. The figure shipped in the green box was always the purple "departure from Lothlorien" version. This white dress figure, to my knowledge, only came out on the red Two Towers packaging and was a pretty rare find even then.

My guess is this is either an overseas release or an early prototype. I say it might be a prototype because if I remember correctly, the earliest photos of the 12" Arwen to be released with Fellowship of the Ring did show her in a white dress - though not the white dress that was eventually released in the red box. (the released version is the white dress she's wearing in her scenes with Aragorn in Lothlorien, the prototype picture had her in the white dress as she appeared to Frodo in the ring-induced-vision in the Trollshaws - all 3 seconds of it)

If you can pick this up for a decent price, its probably well worth it.

Do you actually have this, or are these photos off the Internet? I collected and followed this line pretty closely back in the day, including all the variant talk on thegd.com, and I think this is the first time I'm seeing this.

There were two photo variants for the green box 12" Arwen, but neither is the white dress photo pictured here - which is identical to the red box photo. The figure shipped in the green box was always the purple "departure from Lothlorien" version. This white dress figure, to my knowledge, only came out on the red Two Towers packaging and was a pretty rare find even then.

My guess is this is either an overseas release or an early prototype. I say it might be a prototype because if I remember correctly, the earliest photos of the 12" Arwen to be released with Fellowship of the Ring did show her in a white dress - though not the white dress that was eventually released in the red box. (the released version is the white dress she's wearing in her scenes with Aragorn in Lothlorien, the prototype picture had her in the white dress as she appeared to Frodo in the ring-induced-vision in the Trollshaws - all 3 seconds of it)

If you can pick this up for a decent price, its probably well worth it.

Thanks for your reply, I think that may be the best answer I have for now. I have her in hand, bought her along with some other Lord of the Rings figures, but not sure which wave she was out. I did some research but without much result. Anyway I may keep her seal as she was, then get the Red box version to open and custom.

I agree with ChibiSchmoo...this is a rarity of a figure as it is packaged. I ran TheGD.com for several years and never heard nor saw this version of the packaged 12" Arwen. There was a time when Germany and some other European markets received some 'different' packaging. The RED boxed Arwen and Asfaloth was only available in Germany from what I remember. The RED boxed 12" Arwen was rare, but fairly widely available and the GREEN boxed 12" Arwen was only available in the TWO versions that were described in detail on TheGD.com. About the ONLY thing that I can imagine is that this is someone's idea of a CUSTOM packaged figure...which I'm not sure why they would make it, but you never know with some folks:)

Regardless, I recommend KEEPING this figure in a nice cool place and continuing to do your research...I think you came to the right spot!

ALAS...I miss my Green Dragon...I re-started it a couple years ago...but folks never came back:(

Apologies...guess I should be fair...few came back. For those that did...I appreciate the effort:)

Back