Statue Witch King at Dol Guldur 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this over on another forum posted by Josh.
Witchking.jpg

The only Weta SDCC piece I don't like.

Not the statue itself, but rather the design. Looks way too video-game'y and silly. That helmet is ridiculous. Witch King deserved something a lot more Gothic.

It's not as terrible as I hoped, but to be quite honest I never liked the design of the Ringwraiths in that last film, i'd much rather have the other 4 True Form Nazgul from Weathertop, we already have True Form Witch-King so why not? I may or may not get this statue but regardless let's hope the paint job is okay, the Witch-King Morgul Lord statue, Mouth of Sauron bust and Witch-King Morgul Lord Helm all lacked paint and so were almost entirely left black. Weta and 'metal' parts don't mix I guess.

He's up on Weta's site for $350. I'm going to hold off for now, but he's a possibility in the future once I get some more pieces I've been looking at. I think the pose and base are fantastic, even though I don't LOVE his helmet design from the movie.

I'm a huge fan of the LOTR and HOBBIT trilogies but the new look doesn't reach rudimentary the original design of the Nazgul.
Maybe it would not have bothered me if the ringwraiths not animated by cgi in the movies.

This Statue remind me too much to an evil character from Resident Evil or the 'Pyramid Head' from Silent Hill.

"Dear......,

The Witch-king at Dol Guldur have arrived in our warehouses and we will be processing these orders at mid-day 28th December NZ time (PST: 27th Dec 3PM | CET: midnight 27/28th Dec)."

Yes i´m happy!

Post pics and your thoughts when you receive. I think this one looks nice, but I'm not going to get it. Going the smaller and less expensive route with the miniature set, helms too if they do more.

Yes an unbelievable heavy statue , i wonder if no one other make pictures from his statue.

Back