TWEETERHEAD WHY DO THEY LIE and TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS so BAD!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read your post and it felt like I was reading my own post from the Julie Newmar thread. EVERYTHING you detailed happened to me also. ("end of the week" "it's been shipped" was always the response. Revolving emails between 3 customer service people, Debbie, a new person, and Chad. They never seem to follow up on anything. You have to badger them repeatedly just to get the run around. Even then they don't help. At one point they detailed that their records indicated replacements were sent when they were not. I think my return process took about 9-10 months, yes that long and I was trying to contact them on a weekly basis. I ended up with a broken catwoman and the new one they sent after 9-10 months. They never sent return information so I kept them both. Frustration made me lose interest in this line and their products so I sold them both. After the experience, I didn't even feel bad doing it. They have talented people sculpting but their customer service is the worst in my experience. I don't care if I like what they make now, Tweeterhead products are a definite "NOT INTERESTED" in my book and I avoid them. Chad, if I'm not mistaken, is the owner/ sculptor and now does work with Sideshow too. He does great work but anything directly from Tweeterhead should be avoided. And if you have to, go through another company like Sideshow or the Big Bad Toy Store just for the CS. I would drop out of collecting their lines just based on the way they treat their customers. Now the second of who knows how many people who have had a terrible experience with them.

Wow.. I thought I got bad treatment...man wow.. I feel exactly the same.. Trevor Grove's work is great but the company is horrible and CHAD should be ashamed and hope he's reading.. I plan to take this theme to the Statue forum and Facebook.... I would like to hear from more freaks who have had the same treatment.. I have been collecting for over 20 years, and never have I been lied too, and dismissed so many times as by Tweeterhead.. and let's not forget I have 3 Munster statues, and 4 Batman 66 statues from that line.. I canceled all the new 66 pre-orders and Munsters and will NEVER ever buy their products again.. Thanks for posting your story!

I was interested in the Batman 66 line from Tweeterhead but I haven't purchased one because they look like their made cheap, I've seen video reviews on youtube and the quality control issues are apparent to me, I could be wrong because I never had one in hand, but from the issues these two collectors have had am glad I passed.

I had a poor experience with them on my 1st order. Had an issue and they took a long time and multiple emails to get back to me, then a few months of searching for possible replacement parts. Then about 10 emails and 6 months later I finally got a partial refund after getting the run around over and over. Took posting my problem publicly to get it resolved. I was satisfied with the resolution, but not the amount of time/effort it took to get it. I like their products, and if I still collected 1/6 I would give them another try due to them finally fixing my problem.

I had a poor experience with them on my 1st order. Had an issue and they took a long time and multiple emails to get back to me, then a few months of searching for possible replacement parts. Then about 10 emails and 6 months later I finally got a partial refund after getting the run around over and over. Took posting my problem publicly to get it resolved. I was satisfied with the resolution, but not the amount of time/effort it took to get it. I like their products, and if I still collected 1/6 I would give them another try due to them finally fixing my problem.

sorry to hear that

Last edited:
Never open a thread when you're angry or intoxicated.

Not sure if your upset because there are posts dealing with bad company customer service and faulty product issues or you are upset when you read how others have been treated.. :) I hope it's the latter...

It seems I'm far from the only collector burned and made to wait for months on end for things, and every week your told it's being shipped out.. I find it really upsetting to be lied to on that level and for 6 or more months.. I feel your pain Buffy!

I've gotten 8 statues from them so far and no problems (knock on wood), Debbie even emailed me at the beginning so that all my statues would have the same ES Number... pretty cool...

I'm not saying you didn't have a bad experience with them, but I thought I would share my experience also..... btw, the quality on the statues are as good as SS if not better in some cases... at least the ones I got...

Could be worse, I'm waiting for a certain member to finish my SS Batman PF Conversion, were heading towards year 3 now :impatient:

I've gotten 8 statues from them so far and no problems (knock on wood), Debbie even emailed me at the beginning so that all my statues would have the same ES Number... pretty cool...

I'm not saying you didn't have a bad experience with them, but I thought I would share my experience also..... btw, the quality on the statues are as good as SS if not better in some cases... at least the ones I got...

Right on Dan350zr... Glad your purchases went without problems... that's the way it should be....:)

It's too bad... Trevor's sculpts a great... but myself like others won't spend our money with Tweeterhead anymore .. I have 4 of their statues and that's all I'm ever going to get..:)

Sorry to read all this. I've had nothing but great experience with Tweeterhead.

I see this is an old thread but, I have had nothing but a horrible experience with Tweeterhead. I ordered the Elvira - Scary Christmas statue which when shipped, they shipped without the scroll hand. When I contacted them, they sated it would ship in a few weeks. Not only did those few weeks go by, but months and months and run around emails. To this day, I still do not have my scroll hand. I was told on Oct 18th that they received them, and they would check when it would be mailed out...still nothing. I have a statue with no arm, and no idea when I will get an arm. I just want my money back.

I'm very sad to see this still be an issue for you buffy that's why I just cannot support them anymore.

A few people on the SF posted problems with Tweeterhead. I can't believe you guys wait so long. Way past credit card protection limits.

Personally, I've never purchased direct from Tweeterhead. The few statues I have from them are fine and I can't wait to see Wonder Woman and potentially Jeannie. But I'll probably continue my pattern of not purchasing direct from what I see here. There is no excuse for bad customer service. It's the easiest thing to do. And most of it is common sense.

You file a chargeback and can probably kiss any future business with them away though. They made my issue right EVENTUALY, but unless it was something spectacular I wouldn't do it again.

Back