Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Lt. Sulu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star Puffs

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this one.

Confirmed at SDCC2016 (photo source unknown):

13724956_1789949714584760_7566811015825548673_o.jpg

Updated photos (April 2017):

18056296_1929643013948762_4522360408988633563_o.jpg

Last edited:
Upon a closer look, he doesn't look as perfect as most of the other OS figures. I hope Sulu gets a revised headsculpt.

I agree. He looks spot on in the first shot, but markedly off at other angles. I want him to be as good as Kirk or Spock when finished.

Edit: Thank you GeneralZodLives for all the great photos.

Yeah, Sulu's HS needs tweaking.
But, in this day and age of dwindling resources and escalating prices, I think I'll stick to the three kings.
Except for the new Uhura, I jut need to have a Zoe Saldana figure in my collection.

Agreed. Bones and Scotty I'm definitely down with, but having seen more pics now, Sulu could definitely do with a bit more work. Particularly around the eyes.

8c0c7385c12bc8ca9158c2be7c625eb2.jpg

Sulu_2267.jpg

The mouth is definitely off. The eyes are still an issue. He looks like he just woke up, looks tired.

I think the sculpt is pretty good, although George's top lip is wider even when he is serious. This looks a bit pouty. I'm in for the whole crew for sure.

I agree on the lip, but take a look at the iris (eyes). In the actual picture of him, you can see most of the iris, but in the sculpt, it looks like a good portion is covered by the eyelid. Makes him look sleepy.

Are there any plans for Chekov? I'm having a hard time justifying purchasing Sulu without him. How about a two pack with the helm and navigation console?

Are there any plans for Chekov? I'm having a hard time justifying purchasing Sulu without him.

I'm sure if things go well there will be. I consider Sulu is a domino figure, for most getting him means also getting Chekov, and then after that why not Uhura too? So I am trying to resist picking up Sulu and starting the dominoes for all of them. Thankfully, Sulu looking a bit off is helping me resist.

How about a two pack with the helm and navigation console?

Cool idea, but I don't think that will happen.

Back