Hasbro x ThreeA TRANSFORMERS | GENERATION ONE PREMIUM SCALE COLLECTIBLE SERIES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hasbro and 3A proudly present; TRANSFORMERS GENERATION ONE (TFG1)! Ashley Wood and the development team at ThreeA are redesigning and building licensed stylized premium collectibles from Hasbro’s classic toy lines.

For TFG1, Ashley Wood and the development team at ThreeA have gone back to the original 1980s animation models and toy lines for inspiration. Maintaining the delicate balance between these characters’ distinct appearances while restyling their designs with ThreeA’s fresh approach has been both a challenge and a delight.

The first release in the epic collaboration between Hasbro and ThreeA features the iconic Leader of the Autobots, OPTIMUS PRIME! Optimus Prime stands approximately 16” (40.64cm) tall and bears a newly designed brawler-esque physique. Optimus Prime also features an array of diecast parts, heavily weathered paint detailing, and full range of articulation - including opening Matrix Chamber with the Matrix of Leadership. G1 Optimus Prime comes complete with Energon Axe, and his iconic Blaster.

Features:
Approximately 16inches Tall (40.64cm)
Fully Articulated – Including Articulated Fingers
LED Illuminated Optics, Autobot Badge, and Matrix of Leadership
Diecast Metal Detailing

Includes:
Interchangeable Energon Ax
Iconic Blaster Rifle
Magnetically Detachable Tankard Grenades
Magnetically Detachable Leg Tires

TRANSFORMERS GENERATION ONE OPTIMUS PRIME, ULTRA MAGNUS EDITION, NEMESIS PRIME EDITION will be available for Pre-order in Q3, 2016 from ThreeA’s webstore Bambaland.com and all fine ThreeA Stockists worldwide.

feel free to edit the post with the pics can't seem to figure out how to add them lol

Jesus.... there must be a firesale on the TF G1 license. Everyone seems to have it (XM, IA, Prime1).

I'm really not feeling this. It's not anywhere near as abstracted as they like to make their spins on things, and it comes across as pretty lazy to me.

The push-up bra he's wearing and the void of empty space where the ankles would be that give it that classic cheap TF ball joint/single thin rod of plastic ankle is really off-putting. Maybe I'll get it if it wears on me over time. But right now it's looking pretty weak.

Looks good.
I might get one depending on the cost.

Attachments

• 3A-Optimus-01.jpg
    3A-Optimus-01.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 3A-Optimus-02.jpg
    3A-Optimus-02.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 3A-Optimus-03.jpg
    3A-Optimus-03.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 326
That's one ugly robot! The proportions are all over the place, it's a mess IMO. I was looking forward to seeing what they would do with this G1 line but if that's the direction they're going it's an easy pass.

Would have bought in if the design where more classic. I wish Hot Toys would just make a 1/6 Megatron.

I loved Ashley Wood's art when he did the covers for Sam & Twitch (for McFarlane), but his redesigns of figures just suck IMO. Didn't like the Marvel redesigns he did a few years back, and now he butchers Transformers too.

Would have bought in if the design where more classic. I wish Hot Toys would just make a 1/6 Megatron.

That's assuming their Prime sold more than 100 units at that laughable price. That line is over.

And this junk? LOL.

That's assuming their Prime sold more than 100 units at that laughable price. That line is over.

And this junk? LOL.

Yeah, most likely. I just want a really nice, high end Prime and Megatron figure. Masterpiece and 3P Megatron aren't good enough IMO. I'd pay the HT price for both if they'd add a Megatron.

This looks nice somewhat, but I'm not sure I can buy the styling. If this becomes a line though with a Megatron, then...

My other thought is go even bigger and buy the Ultimetal Prime, but Ultimetal Megatron is also a vapor-release despite there being pictures out there dating back to 2014.

Yeah, most likely. I just want a really nice, high end Prime and Megatron figure. Masterpiece and 3P Megatron aren't good enough IMO. I'd pay the HT price for both if they'd add a Megatron.

This looks nice somewhat, but I'm not sure I can buy the styling. If this becomes a line though with a Megatron, then...

My other thought is go even bigger and buy the Ultimetal Prime, but Ultimetal Megatron is also a vapor-release despite there being pictures out there dating back to 2014.

UM Megs will happen, I'm keeping my Prime forever.

Also, Maketoys is coming out with e very nice Megatron figure.

Didn't Optimus take years longer than anyone expected? I think Megatron will come out. Just not any time soon.

Anyway.....back to 3A.
I hope all of their Transformers products do well enough to warrant their full attention in the production of even more figures.
Maybe ROTF and something from Combiner Wars or Fall of Cybertron.

That's one ugly robot! The proportions are all over the place, it's a mess IMO. I was looking forward to seeing what they would do with this G1 line but if that's the direction they're going it's an easy pass.

I agree, I was really excited to see if they could produce a quality G1 like they did with DOTM. This has a more "ashely woods" feel to it and the color scheme is exactly the same and HT!! Where is the G1 paint scheme!!!

Back