Custom 1/6 Ringwraith - recycle project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SithThundercracker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,
that's an idea I was thinking about for some time as the Morgul Lord and ACI Ringwraith came with some spare hands and weapons...and I always wanted a small Ringwraith army.
So I was looking for a very cheap recipe using Nazgul parts I already had:
-a spare black HT Snake Eyes body (I used it as a replacement for Morgul Lord, but then I reverted back to the original body)
-Morgul Lord hands
-ACI Ringwraith 2nd sword, belt and scabbard

what I bought for the custom:
-2 Asmus Nazgul feet
-2 Asmus Nazgul vambraces (optional, actually)
-black fabric
-a hardware store rubber cap
-a pen cap

I looked for reference images and decided to go with two tunics with different sleeve lenght and a long hood:
ringwraiths10.jpg

ringwraiths11.jpg

Unwatertreated dress:
Naz3_zpskyut1kif.jpg

The shape of the hood:
Naz1_zps5gaqs5ea.jpg

The head underneath:
Naz5_zpsim6lucrl.jpg

Final result after weathering and water treatment:
Naz7_zpsvvm1voux.jpg

Naz8_zps4wruehl2.jpg

Next to ACI Ringwraith (not watertreated due to metal parts)
Naz6_zpsurtikkbq.jpg

Naz9_zpsoake796b.jpg

Now I have another sword (from the horse set) and the original ACI RW broken body and hands waiting to be assembled in a third Nagul (not Sure if I need actual feet this time). :yess:

Great job Sith! :clap

I love the way you put the headpiece together. I've had something similar on my custom list for a while. Congrats!

Looks great! Looks even better than the ACI version IMO. Will you modify him as well, or leave him stock?
And thanks for those reference shots.
I don't know actually. What I really don't like on the ACI is the great amount of leg exposed; what I really like, despitew the inaccurate shape, is the hood. Anyway if I go custom I'll surely remove part of the leg and arm armor to have him lighter.

Great job Sith! :clap
I love the way you put the headpiece together. I've had something similar on my custom list for a while. Congrats!

Wow! Fantastic.

Brilliant

Thanks guys! :)

Well done, now can you multiply it and make a Weathertop diorama :wink1:

That is growing on me....and they're only five in that scene. :lecture

Work in progress (bad phone pic with flash light). Left: I made a custom long sleeved tunic for the ACI and removed all the ultra heavy leg armor (kept just the feet). Center: prototype of Nazgul with no poseable/visible legs (recycle of the original ACI broken body). Right: custom Nazgul previously seen.
d649b7bc0c89a52c3afe37929077ba13.jpg

Update: I've completed the 3rd (feetless) Nazgul.

On my actual shelf:
Naz91.jpg

On direct sunlight:
Naz92.jpg

The two fully customs:
Naz94.jpg

ACi with custom tunic and belt:
Naz93.jpg

The good news is that more feet and hands arrived for a fourth! :yess:

Hey, I know I'm new to the forum and haven't established myself yet but if your looking for more ring wraith hands and feet I may have a solution for you. It would however mean sending some parts to me temporarily.

Back