1/6 eFX Captain America 1/6 shield replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

third3ye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone seen these yet? Didn't see a post or thread about them. eFX getting into the 1/6 game with some diecast shields. Anyone know more details and if these might be worth consideration for their 1/6 figures? They're claiming SDCC delivery dates. eFX sucks at managing delivery dates but with smaller releases like this they typically don't miss. I might spring for the Avengers shield, the CW paint job looks a bit crap. Says you can get them to ship these to you if you can't make SDCC.

Avengers version: https://efxcollectibles.com/collections/marvel/products/captaun-americ-shield-scaled-replica
CW version: https://efxcollectibles.com/collect...aptain-america-civil-war-convention-exclusive

Cap-Shield---Avengers-Metal-ISO_grande.png

Cap-Shield-SR-Avengers-Front-Back-B_grande.png

Cap-Shield-SR-Hero-Avengers-Title-Page_grande.png

Mini-Cap-Shield---Civil-War-ISO_grande.png

Cap-Shield-SR---Civil-War-Front-and-Back_grande.png

I think the star is better on civil war shield but the rest is bad. Wonder if you can arrange shipping before sdcc if you know you won't be there.

The CW shield has too much damage FX and the paint work looks half-assed. Below is one of the screen-used shields from CW for comparison.

20160609_173504_zpskzlxai9w.jpg

The CW shield has too much damage FX and the paint work looks half-assed. Below is one of the screen-used shields from CW for comparison.

20160609_173504_zpskzlxai9w.jpg

Ya the cw does look like they "dirtied it up" too much.

I did just order both, hopefully the cw version is better in person.

Wake me up when they get to the original Heater Shield...

I ordered the Avengers shield, we'll see how this goes. I'm not attending SDCC so it'll take a bit longer to get it delivered, not sure if someone else on here ordered one and is going to SDCC, would like to see impressions sooner if possible.

I'm wondering what makes these any different than the shields that already come with the Hot Toys figures?

Also I don't like how there are lines in the star, especially in the CW version. The lines aren't noticeable on the real shields.

The main difference seems to be actual leather used for the handles.

The only issue I see is that both shields look really flat, no dimension to them like the actual shield has... I'm gonna need to see in hand pics before I order one.

I'm wondering what makes these any different than the shields that already come with the Hot Toys figures?

Also I don't like how there are lines in the star, especially in the CW version. The lines aren't noticeable on the real shields.

Just the fact they're scaled down replicas of the screen-used props, other than that and actual leather handles, no other significant difference. I only own a AoU shield so figured I'd just buy one of these to try, the price comes out just $10 or so more than a HT shield on eBay.

^^^are you guys sure about that? i don't own any 1:6 caps but are the shields from hot toys die cast? these are.

i would think the weight of a die cast shield would be too heavy for a dynamic pose. dunno?

^^^are you guys sure about that? i don't own any 1:6 caps but are the shields from hot toys die cast? these are.

i would think the weight of a die cast shield would be too heavy for a dynamic pose. dunno?

GA Cap from Winter Soldier and AOU Cap have die-cast shields. Avengers Cap and First Avenger Cap have plastic Shields that are chromed. Which make the paint rub off.

I went by their booth to pick up the shield I ordered online and they had quite a few on the wall. Don't know if they were for sale or just pick up orders though.

Back