Hot Toys head with shiny paint spot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Could anyone give me advice on how to hide a shiny spot on the paint of a Hot Toys head? I just picked up a figure, and the tip of the nose is a bit too shiny for my liking.

Easy way to hide it, guaranteed success.

IMG_5603.jpg

What does the stuff do exactly, that removes shine? I may even use it to fix my one BD Tech Noir Terminator head since it looks like almost all have one spot on the forehead with a shine.

It's a sealer that locks in paint and removes shines by giving it a matte look. I can't guarantee 100% that it would work on production paint, but I've had it sprayed on concentrated gloss coat and it made it matte, so theoretically such a spray or a dull coat should work.

Yeah, I had a super shiny sculpt one time, and it totally fixed it. I dunno about the q-tip, though. It gets tacky quick and might not go on smooth that way.

I have found this to work very well. You take just a touch of baby powder and rub it very slightly. It doesn't stain and wipes right off with your finger.

I have found this to work very well. You take just a touch of baby powder and rub it very slightly. It doesn't stain and wipes right off with your finger.

You are a genius! I was recently taking pictures of one of my Batman figures and he fell forward. Shiny spot right on the nose tip where he hit the table. I was freaking out. This is an old thread but I'm glad I found your advice. It worked perfectly!

Back