B- and C-Tier Characters from Small 1:6 Companies. What Would You Like to See?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
With HT locked up with Marvel, DC and Star Wars, in the past couple of years we've seen more 1:6 companies coming into the market and picking up underserved fan favorite licenses -- Star Trek (QMx), Lord of the Rings (Asmus), Harry Potter (Star Ace), Game of Thones (ThreeZero), Ghostbusters (Blitzway), and several others.

Recently smaller companies like PopToys, One Sixth Kit, Toys Era, Crozz Design have been showing characters that larger or mid-sized companies would never get to, This is filling a great void IMO. In just the past couple of weeks alone we've seen Harrigan from Predator 2, TX from Terminator 3 (2 versions), and two Slave Leia figures. While these figures aren't perfect with so-so likenesses, they are actually a far cry better than what Sideshow was producing just a few years ago. In years past the only way to get some of these characters would be via expensive customs or bashes.

That said, which characters or lines would folks like to see from smaller 1:6 companies?
(Note: even though some of these characters might be under the HT line, we know they will never get made/redone otherwise)

My list
TRON -- Quorra, Gem, Clu, Rinzler (light up feature) Original Tron as a bonus line
BATMAN & ROBIN/BATMAN FOREVER -- Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Riddler (a better version)
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE -- Louis, Lestat (vampire and zombified) Claudia
PREDATOR -- Mac, Blaine, Dillon. concept female predator
ALIENS -- Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Vasquez, Drake, Frost, Gorman
BLADE -- Lighthammer, Verlain, Reinhardt, Snowman, Nyssa, Nomak
ABYSS -- Virgil, Lindsey, Coffey, alien

THE ****ING GUYVER! Why no one has made a 1/6 scale line based on anything is really strange to me. The Max Factory figures sell for hundreds of dollars on the second market, there's a place for it, someone just needs to do it. The potential for the line is huge. I would love to see 3A do this.

bae400ff7efeeb9e0477b603d169335d.jpg

the_guyver_by_0kronos0.jpg

the_guyver_3d__shaded_view__by_dxiaman-d7hk36m.jpg

381573c83d8a63a90956a8a14bb7d9b7.jpg

latest

If it's not licensed, it doesn't 'feel' right to me. If it were though, I'd need:

Ethan Hunt from all 5 Mission Impossible movies
Maverick from Top Gun
Vincent from Collateral
Nathan Algren from The Last Samurai
Cage from Edge of Tomorrow

Yes, Tom Cruise is a huge Grail for me.

Also,

David from The Lost Boys
Cohle and Hart from True Detective
Ray Velcoro from True Detective Season 2
Jack Shephard from Lost
Mulder and Scully
Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap
Riddick

2 Companies are now making a T2 John Connor

Obviously there's T1 Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor that could be done.

The Driver from Drive (2011 film)

He's an "A" list character, imo. I wouldn't call him a "B" or "C" level character, but he might as well be since there's zero chance HT will make him. I might as well put Rambo, Rocky and John Mclane in the same group.

At this point I have to assume the lack of an official John McClane is due to Willis being a pr!ck about it. I refuse to believe no one thinks it would sell at least as well as a lot of the crap that does get made.

Starship Troopers
Lewis (Robocop)
Matilda (Leon)
Newt (Aliens)
Short Round (Indiana Jones)
Bennett (Commando)
Zod, Ursa and Non (Superman II)
Hakim (Game of Death)
O'Hara (Bob Wall - Enter the Dragon)
Tigris of Gaul (Gladiator)
Nostromo crew (Alien)
Big Daddy (Kick-@ss)

At this point I have to assume the lack of an official John McClane is due to Willis being a pr!ck about it. I refuse to believe no one thinks it would sell at least as well as a lot of the crap that does get made.

You know it must be bad when HT can get Peter Weller and Jack Nicholson, but they can't get Willis.

Raylan Givens & Boyd Crowder, Justified
Vic Mackey, The Shield
Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon
Cullen Bohannon, Hell on Wheels
Anton Chigurh, No Country for Old Men
Django, Django Unchained
Jack Bauer, 24 (a new one since Enterbay would be good)
Narrator, Fight Club
Walt Kowalski, Gran Torino
Ron Swanson, Parks & Recreation
Andy Taylor, The Andy Griffith Show
Wyatt Earp & Doc Holliday, Tombstone
Rooster Cogburn, True Grit (Jeff Bridges)
The Lone Ranger
Will Munny, Unforgiven
Chris Kyle, American Sniper
Jonas Blane, The Unit
Breaking Bad ... Walt, Jesse, Mike, Gus, Hank.

Basically ... TV shows and westerns get ignored far too much.

SnakeDoc

I want more tv figures. I'd love for someone to do some high end Buffy and Angel figures. If Qmx did Firefly, why not do the more guaranteed money maker?

As for films, I've mentioned it in a few threads, but the Matrix films need new figures. I really want a Reloaded Neo.

Dirk Diggler & Reed Rothchild: Boogie Nights

Clint & Clyde: Every Which Way But Loose

Dan Ackroyd & Eddie Murphy: Trading Places

Julius & Vincent: Twins

Paddy Swayze: Roadhouse

Robert Thorn & Damien Thorn (with devil dog): The Omen

Frank White: King Of New York

Tre, Doughboy & Ricky: Boyz N The Hood

Ha, I would love to see a dirk and reed too. Jack Horner while we are at it. Will never happen though, burt hated making boogie nights. As if the subject matter wouldn't be enough to kill it.

I also really want a dexter figure to be made.

Back