What's with QMX and Firefly?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
I like that QMX is offering updated Star Trek Figures but whatever happened to the next Firefly Figure.

Is there going to be any more figures from Firefly developed or produced?

I am lucky to have Trevor's sculpts for the whole crew however I would like the chance to purchase the new figures as QMX is producing some outstanding figures.

They are new to the 1/6 figure arena. I believe they have stated two more figures are in some form of development and we would see something at SDCC.

What he said.

QMx is jumping into 1/6 in a big way - look for the SDCC coverage.

Keeping an eye on that. For a first attempt in 1:6 scale Mal was great (also they proved they were willing to go the extra mile with the second headsculpt), and at some point in the past QMX have worked with some of my favourite TV licenses: Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Buffy... Probably not going to happen, but I would pay whatever they ask for an Admiral Adama or a Kara Thrace of that level :)

I'll get all of the 1/6 Firefly crew from QMX. I was beyond impressed with Mal and clearly they went the extra mile.

Keeping an eye on that. For a first attempt in 1:6 scale Mal was great (also they proved they were willing to go the extra mile with the second headsculpt), and at some point in the past QMX have worked with some of my favourite TV licenses: Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Buffy... Probably not going to happen, but I would pay whatever they ask for an Admiral Adama or a Kara Thrace of that level :)
I'd be all in for a BSG line. QMX have done quite a bit of BSG merchandise, so it would be great if they can do 1/6 figures. I'm actually thinking it may be one of the licences they announce.

I just got this e-mail from them, looks like Jayne will be at SDCC. :)

Fans of 1:6 articulated figures won’t want to miss the Quantum Mechanix (QMx) booth (#4145) at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016!

QMx is expanding its Master Series 1:6-scale articulated figure line in a big way with new licenses and new characters.

Come see new prototypes of your favorite pop culture characters as 1:6 figures. Our new licenses include:
•a popular TV show with a paranormal bent.
•a beloved quotable classic movie.
•a fan-favorite modern Western TV show.
We’ll also have more original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Firefly figures on display.

Our critically acclaimed, inaugural Master Series figure, Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly, has been selling briskly, but a few will be available for purchase at SDCC.
The latest Master Series figures, the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Captain Kirk and Spock, will be on sale for the first time at our booth.

66e639cd-0ee3-4cf9-9489-fa658f64af36.jpg

Definitely looks like Sam from Supernatural and the quotable movie is Princess Bride.

I'm really happy someone is finally doing Supernatural. I just wish we could get The X-Files and Battlestar Galactica picked up, I really though QMX would be all over a BSG line seeing as they have produced merchandise for years for the property.

As so far QMX has included exclusives with all their 1/6 releases, wondering which one is going to be for Jayne. I'm assuming that weapons wise the stardard release should have at least his knife, revolver...and Vera? Gues that we'll find out in a couple of days.

As so far QMX has included exclusives with all their 1/6 releases, wondering which one is going to be for Jayne. I'm assuming that weapons wise the stardard release should have at least his knife, revolver...and Vera? Gues that we'll find out in a couple of days.

1/6 scale sculpted translucent spit.

Last edited:

We definitely need Vera!

Back