parrasmaniac's IKEA Billy in the corner of the studio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrasmaniac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello there!

so I thought I could share my collection in its own thread, even if it is a small collection. :)

All of my collection is 1/6, and figures are displayed inside a IKEA Billy with glass doors, that is placed in the corner of our studio at home.

I have shown it from time to time in the forum, here and there, usually when I found it appropriate in some thread discussions, to show some of my figures.

Some of the figures have some small modification: Vader is modified, Luke & Yoda are kitbash, Indy is also modified, Batman and Doom wear Tony Mei's capes... I am very grateful to all the advice and explanations I get from the forum members.

Some of you guys congratulated me for the overall look of the collection, and the fact that I somehow constrained myself and did not fall into temptation and build a very large collection.

My collection has grown since :lol
Now it cannot be called a humble collection... I have put some big money into it :panic:

I also have some 1:1 items, such as a eFX stormtrooper helmet, a 1:1 Indy fedora, or a 1:1 Nostromo cap and a removable blade lightsaber. Other little merchandise is around.

Here goes a picture of the current Billy display.

I plan to make 2 additions and some changes.
- This week HT Boba Fett is arriving I plan on displaying him next to Luke.
- By the end of the year Sideshow Wolverine will be joining Spidey and Dr. Doom.
- Some mods will take place: plan on using Luke's TTM22 body on Fett and Fett's body on Luke, apply leather dressing to Indy's jacket...
- And I plan on changing Walter White to a yellow chem lab suit + mask.

13525561_1155968157803100_1060996825_n(1).jpg

Re: parrasmaniac's Billy in the corner

LOVE the pose on your marty.

Your jedi luke is one of the best I've seen too. :clap

thank you Captain!

I am sometimes obsessed with achieving poses that hide the wrist pegs, when possible.
With Marty that is tough, since his wrists are really shown. Putting his hands inside the pockets helps.
Some previous pic that shows the same pose on Marty:

13414354_1730745740536399_750328657_n(1).jpg

Jedi Luke is a figure I really like. Kitbashed with Medicom, Hot Toys, Sideshow and custom parts.
Hot Toys will someday release an official version, but here in the forum we "work" on making it difficult for them to release and beat the customs.

I forgot! lightsaber is made by fellow member pixelpiper. Hopefully he can help me with R2 and C3PO soon... :pray:

Some more pics.

IMGP3113 rev.jpg

IMGP3114 rev.jpg

IMGP3109 rev.jpg

You could say that there is a little bit of a mixture in my collection, but for me... it's my mixture.

When I was a kid, everything I did in the weekend mornings was wake up and go watch the VHS of Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Back to the Future, and then 1989 Batman.

I must have watched these movies at least 50 times each. Loved E.T. too.

And my first hobby was Spider-Man and Marvel Comics.

Nowadays I love watching TV series, and I often find myself reading about space missions, thus the Gene Cernan and Heisenberg figures, they are a nod to that.

Curious which 1:1 Indy Hat you have, I was lucky enough to pick up one in London from the company that makes them for the films.

Your Luke Sculpt and Hair combo is my favorite I have seen, super jelaous.

thanks a lot guys.

The hat is a Fedora replica, fur felt, from Lucasfilm.... I got it some years ago, don't exactly remember. And by then, I did not keep the boxes and stuff of the things that I collected :slap

I will make some research and confirm :panic:

As a fellow Billy owner, I agree. Well done, well displayed!

a more recent picture!

I only have one preorder, which is SSC Wolverine 1/6, Marvel Comics line.
And I sold my SSC R2 Deluxe, and I plan to get the Hot Toys R2.

13658456_294804134217858_364554753_n(1).jpg

Will have time to hide those cables from the lightsabers this weekend hopefully.

Hello there!

so I thought I could share my collection in its own thread, even if it is a small collection. :)

All of my collection is 1/6, and figures are displayed inside a IKEA Billy with glass doors, that is placed in the corner of our studio at home.

I have shown it from time to time in the forum, here and there, usually when I found it appropriate in some thread discussions, to show some of my figures.

Some of the figures have some small modification: Vader is modified, Luke & Yoda are kitbash, Indy is also modified, Batman and Doom wear Tony Mei's capes... I am very grateful to all the advice and explanations I get from the forum members.

Some of you guys congratulated me for the overall look of the collection, and the fact that I somehow constrained myself and did not fall into temptation and build a very large collection.

My collection has grown since :lol
Now it cannot be called a humble collection... I have put some big money into it :panic:

I also have some 1:1 items, such as a eFX stormtrooper helmet, a 1:1 Indy fedora, or a 1:1 Nostromo cap and a removable blade lightsaber. Other little merchandise is around.

Here goes a picture of the current Billy display.

I plan to make 2 additions and some changes.
- This week HT Boba Fett is arriving I plan on displaying him next to Luke.
- By the end of the year Sideshow Wolverine will be joining Spidey and Dr. Doom.
- Some mods will take place: plan on using Luke's TTM22 body on Fett and Fett's body on Luke, apply leather dressing to Indy's jacket...
- And I plan on changing Walter White to a yellow chem lab suit + mask.

View attachment 272928

Do you happen to know what pieces you orderd with the billy? I am interested in a display case and this looks perfect for figures and books

hi! it's just a full Billy structure, together with glass doors, and a top shelve unit.

If you give me a link to your usual IKEA website I can point them out for you.

I love how bright everything is in your display. Not sure if its the lights you use or the white background as opposed to glass but the figures really stand out. I need to get better lighting for my detolfs.

yes, I meant that.

I have three sets of this Billy, one of which has Oxberg glass doors:

image.jpg

And I am also using the high extensions on each:

image.jpg

I am also using doors for the high extension. I am only using doors on the left Billy.

Back