Hot Toys and Medicom - Do we need another forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If a new 1/6 forum is created, what should it's focus be?

• Just create a new Hot Toys forum

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • Just create a new Medicom forum

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Create one new forum just for Hot Toys & Medicom

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • Create a new forum just for 1/6 figure discussion (if it doesn't fit into other thread)

Votes: 25 16.1%
  • Leave it - General is fine for HT and Medi

Votes: 54 34.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can now see that there's a pretty good call for a new forum. My first inclination was to have a new, seperate forum for Hot Toys/Medicom. Then I thought it might be worthwhile just to break out all the 1/6 talk into it's own forum (as has been requested by some).

So here's a poll - tell me what you want- what you really, really want...

I do all my searching in the "New Posts" link, so it matters very little to me.

I prefer my topics presorted so seperate forums for me. Somedays I'm in a Hot Toys mood, some days in a Medicom mood, but always in a Sideshow mood.

I think the forums are good how they are, but if you had to break them up I think having a combined Hot Toys and Medicom one would be fine. But I do like the General forum since (for instance) an Aliens thread can contain both Sideshow and Hot Toys products... its less fragmented.

Add me to the group that just uses the "new posts" filter.

But it seems like the Medicom and Hot Toys releases usually tend to end up in the proper place, like Marvel or Star Wars. If the Medicom Fett discussion was moved out of Star Wars and into an all-encompassing Medicom forum then I might be liable to miss it. We sometimes discuss Gentle Giant Star Wars stuff in the Star Wars section of the site. I like arranging things by license/property rather than manufacturer.

I voted for one separate forum for Medicom and Hot Toys. I think between those two subjects there's more than enough discussion for another forum, there's more active threads than say, Military.

what will this general forum be used for then? Or will it be deleted?

General will still be there for Musician PFs, Tremor, Darkness, etc.

I think the subject category will always override manufacturer. So Medi's Boba would still be in Star Wars.

Leave it. I like the general talk here. I hate when there are multiple forums. This board has always had just about everything I care about in one place. Don't switch it.

Leave the forums as they are. That might also give us the hope that Sideshow folks might one day peruse the threads and see what joy the Medis and Hot Toys are bringing to the 1:6 collectors and get them to rethink their recent ways of license abandonment.

Back