Greetings from eastern U.S.!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassafras

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi! Just wanna say thanks for this forum, which I've been lurking around for a while! I collect whatever I like - Legos, poly, replica weapons, toys - so right now I'm tracking the threads about ASMUS 1:6 scale Hobbit/LOTR figures. My latest interest is the Gandalf they're working on.

So I thought I should quit lurking and join. Don't have a lot, but what I do have is kind of a real mix.

But it's been amazing learning stuff from folks on the forum - everything from the heating of stuff up with hair dryers or water to help switch out parts (or stick them on, which was a huge help re the tail on the *overpriced* Bridge Direct Smaug figure) and repairing poly to the amazing custom work. And that stuff about the eye decals - at some point I have a 1:6 bust I'd like to deal with re the eyes. I like working with my hands, so I'm all up for working with a figure - hopefully not destroying something, tho.

(BTW, anyone reading this not familiar with sassafras - it's this small kind of native shrubby tree in the east U.S. - kind of cool because the leaves have three different shapes. I've had tea made from the leaves and roots forever. LOL just found out there's some kind of stuff in it that *may* be poisonous? Whoops. Guess it's a good thing I never drank a lot of it, all the time.:horror.)

Anyway, since I'd been lurking, thanks to the folks who put up in-hand reviews and pics and advice!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Sassafras!
wavesmile.gif

Thanks for the explanation of sassafras! :lol

Back