Anyone else having problems with Direct Collectables?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocoster

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Still waiting for shipping news on my Delorean order, been messaging them for months but not getting a single reply which is slightly worrying. Has anyone else been having problems with this seller?

Sorry to hear that chap. Never used them my self. Have they got a bricks and mortar store? I assume there's no phone number either ?

Yeah no number and i am starting to realise why. There is an address of sorts so may approach communication in a more formal way if i don't hear anything by next week. For a company that states they pride themselves on customer service, it doesn't kill to send a courtesy email. Ill keep emailing i guess till i get a response but would be good to know if anyone else is in the same boat as so far i seem to be on my own with this haha.

That's *****. Have you paid? Is so is it credit card or Paypal? If so I'll put a claim in now.
You can also close a dispute

That's *****. Have you paid? Is so is it credit card or Paypal? If so I'll put a claim in now.
You can also close a dispute

Ive currently paid half the amount £285, invoices have been dodgy from the beginning and ive pretty much had to email them to get an invoice at all. In a recent email i said i wouldn't pay anymore until a shipping date has been agreed and i think this is fair due to the lack of communication. Its all been done through Paypal so at least as you have said i can open a dispute if necessary. Ill open a dispute at the end of the month if i haven't heard anything by then. :gah:

Hi, I've been having some problems with them also. I have a darth vader on order. I have had some replies in Facebook chat in the last 6 months promising it'll be arriving in the next month, then nothing happens.. I'll copy the conversation below in full, edited for privacy. Getting a little worried and hacked off that its not gonna happen and I've been had. Takes the shine and fun out of the hobby when you spend months waiting with empty promises.

JOEYRAINBOW 07/12/2015 18:08
Hello, Sorry if you mentioned it on the page already and I missed it - do you know roughly when the hot toys Darth Vaders might be arriving in the UK?
Thanks! (order #****)

Direct Collectables 11/12/2015 15:11
Hi, will get an update on eta for you - DC

JOEYRAINBOW 03/01/2016 23:59
Hi, still waiting for an update on this..?

JOEYRAINBOW 28/02/2016 22:17
Hi, Still waiting for an update. Any idea when these are arriving to UK..?
Thanks

Direct Collectables 01/03/2016 14:40
Hi sorry for delay, eta was mid march but we believe this will be April release - DC

JOEYRAINBOW 02/05/2016 19:17
Hi, sorry to chase again but now April has been and gone... any update on this?

Direct Collectables 02/05/2016 19:33
Hi, Vader has been pushed back to mid April - DC

JOEYRAINBOW 02/05/2016 19:42
Do you mean mid May? Thx

Direct Collectables 02/05/2016 19:42
sorry yes mid may - dc

JOEYRAINBOW 09/06/2016 19:42
Hi, Chasing this order again as you promised mid may and its now June. Second time now you have given a date and missed it. When is this likely to arrive?

JOEYRAINBOW 22/06/2016 21:53
Hi, Any updates?

I just opened a paypal dispute. however as its was over 45 days ago It doesn't look like I'm going to have much luck doing anything that way. However I'll give DC the benefit of the doubt for now and lets hope they fulfil their obligations.

It was over 180 days ago. so the status is 'deferred' and its in the historic dispute sections on paypal dispute centre. No Contact from the seller since I last messaged them. I've tried to be fair and give him until the end of the month before I set up an action fraud claim. Feeling a bit disappointed that the seller seems to have vanished with mine (and I'm sure many others!) money.

Have just tried to contact them again on Facebook and email. lets see! Pocoster, any luck on your side?

Have just tried to contact them again on Facebook and email. lets see! Pocoster, any luck on your side?

Hey joey, sad to hear your having similar problems, I've messaged them again including from a different email on case my main one is going to spam. Ive sent them a Facebook message and a twitter message and I've opened a dispute in PayPal but I won't hold out much hope for that.

On twitter someone recieved items from them on the 7th June so they were still shipping items around then. Im pretty much in the same boat of hoping they get in touch and deliver the goods arggg :-(. I am gonna send a message on fb and twitter plus, email every day now till it arrives.

This is a complete long shot, but this a general shout out to anyone who's ever used Direct Collectables before. Have you ever had to return anything? Because part of the problem here is not having a solid address. Found on the local business website for Essex.

direct collectables
Dacre Crescent
South East London
Essex
RM15 4TP

But the first part as the company name doesn't seem to helpful, especially since the address appears to be residential.

Are they registered with companies house? Or a local business forum?

If they are registered with companies house then its not under direct collectables ltd or anything similar.. i noticed that sometimes they use direct collect and that has a ltd company which has filed for liquidation as of last month?!?!?! It was registered in Essex as well. The only other thing i could find was this which is where the address came from but details are sparse. https://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk/listing/177904/

:-/

What about the Local trading standards?
Did you say u have contacted action fraud?

What about the Local trading standards?
Did you say u have contacted action fraud?

I hadn't but i have now, or at least I've contacted Citizens Advice to get them involved. Its irritating that it has to go this far when a simple email from them would at least move things forward. Paypal amounted to nothing by the way, i guess its the gamble you take when preordering an item with a service that doesn't give a toss what happens after 180 days.

So I Still haven't heard anything. I raised a formal complaint with Action Fraud. Lets see if that helps anything. From what I can see, it seems there has been no activity on any of their social media accounts since May 20th. Maybe there is a genuine reason for the lack of responses or updates. I know that Facebook tells me that my messages haven't been seen since May.

Back