Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's an upload for the gameplay video from E3.

I'm not sure if close-up third-person cameras, and TLOU-style character interactions have become the norm with PlayStation, but it seems like a bad decision to have it in a GOW game. I'm guessing this is going to be a much slower-paced game than the previous ones in the series... :dunno

I'm hoping we get some sort of return to God of War II/III styled gameplay...this is looking better then Ascension by far, though. I'm guessing they really need to establish...something to start with, I'm wondering where this fits after III however.

I totally do. I REALLY like where this is going.
They needed to reestablish everything.
He lost all his weapons and abilties at the end of 3 and essentially died.
Seems like he washed ashore in the north and so SSM are doing what they´re joking about:
Bringing Kratos into nordic mythology.
They got me.
:rock

Wishing it was a Nordic reboot honestly. Dumping kratos in there is a bad move on Sony's part.

Loving the change up in the game mechanics, got a Last Of Us/ Uncharted feel. Really looking forward to this, think it was a good strategic move.

To be honest I can see why if you were a fan of the series you wouldn't be too happy with the change up in delivery. However, I always kind of felt the god of war series was just button mashing with some qte bosses. Happy to see a strong narrative approach in what looks like a reboot from a gameplay if not story standpoint.

I think it would've been better if Sony made a new protagonist for GOW 4. I liked the idea of Kratos dying at the end of GOW III, and joining his wife and child in Elysium.

I think it would've been better if Sony made a new protagonist for GOW 4. I liked the idea of Kratos dying at the end of GOW III, and joining his wife and child in Elysium.

On one hand, I agree. On the other, Kratos never got a lot of character development, which looks as if it'll change this time around, which makes me extremely happy. I can see him dying at the end of this game though, and his son continuing his work in the next ones.

WOW! I am so stoked for this! My most anticipated thing out of E3 hands down. Welcome back, Kratos! Can`t wait to see what kind of **** you mess up next!

I'm torn on this. I don't know how I feel. I liked Kratos' old fighting style and seeing him accomplish his mission and ideally reunite with his family.

This new kratos doesn't really look like kratos to me. He's got the tattoos and the scar so I'm assuming it's him but he looks rebooted not a direct sequel. His facial hair is different his bone structure on his face is different the way he talks (not the voice itself but the manner in which he speaks).

But I'll try it out. If it's good it's good that's the bottom line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah Kratos's journey was over, unless this is a different universe Kratos...which it can't be given the scars and tatoo placement.

Uhh, I've played all the GOW games (including the two PSP games) but I've never beaten any of them. Is this canon?

Uhh, I've played all the GOW games (including the two PSP games) but I've never beaten any of them. Is this canon?
No one is really sur-hey wait!

Stop doing that! Stop just 'playing' games and never finishing them! :lol That's just not right Ryan! What if you just 'played' MGS and never beat it?

Don't worry, I've played every MGS, and haven't beaten a single one. :lol

I like the new camera style they did. It was so annoying playing other games and then getting into this and some angles just didn't work in parts of the game. Glad I can actually hunt collectibles without have **** camera angles.

Back