Custom 18" Endoskeleton and Base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reinhardt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Custom 18" Endoskeleton and Base - Update in Post 43!!

Hey! Thought I'd post some in progress pics of a NECA endoskeleton I have and the base that I am producing for it.

I'm going to also be adding a bunch of rocks and sand to the base, as well as making a small puddle with a skull embedded in it. Here are some in progress pics.

Obviously, as you can see, the Cinemaquette endo, and the sideshow one were what I was going for.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

endoskeleton-028.jpg

endoskeleton-031.jpg

endoskeleton-032.jpg

endoskeleton-035.jpg

endoskeleton-036.jpg

Here is the puddle I'm working on. I am still learning how to use the product, so this is test trial #1. The water actually dries clear, but it looks smoky since I painted the bottom of the puddle with too much grey:

endoskeleton-021.jpg

endoskeleton-022.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty neat, Reinhardt!

Are you planning to weather the body a bit?

It would be really cool to have some bits of scrap metal in amongst the skulls. Maybe some barb wire?

But what you have already is rockin' already.

And I like the water smokey like that.

Tin

Looks fantastic. Very PF like.

What and how did you chrome paint your endo? You repaint it, right?

tinister said:
Pretty neat, Reinhardt!

Are you planning to weather the body a bit?

It would be really cool to have some bits of scrap metal in amongst the skulls. Maybe some barb wire?

But what you have already is rockin' already.

And I like the water smokey like that.

Tin
Thanks! I'm not planning on weathering the Endo, but barb wire sounds like a great idea. I think I might actually add that. :D

carbo-fation said:
Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thank you sir!

KamenGuyver said:
Looks fantastic. Very PF like.

What and how did you chrome paint your endo? You repaint it, right?
Appreciated!. I actually had the paint of the endo commissioned. but, yes, it was chrome painted with an airbrush.

Thanks guys! hey pjam, maybe i'll add some color to the base... you know, like some deep purple or something... :D

so, general consensus is that the smoky water looks better than non smoky?

also, any ideas on how to make the logo for the base?

This looks better than the Hot Toys version. LOL! And I got blasted for saying it was not up to par. You go with your bad self. :D

This proves while only pictures mind you. That the Hot Toys one may not look so great. This guy made his own thing and it looks 10 times better.

Hey, Reinhardt -

I personally find logo elements in a statue distracting. Just me, though. Tin

Reinhardt said:
Thanks guys! hey pjam, maybe i'll add some color to the base... you know, like some deep purple or something... :D

so, general consensus is that the smoky water looks better than non smoky?

also, any ideas on how to make the logo for the base?

Deep Purple? Hush! :D No bro, leave the water smoky, base shades of gray and metal... IMHO.

Last edited:
in....credible :bow

anyone got any pics of how this looked before? I'm not familiar with the NECA piece, how big is it?

awesome !!!! the neca sculpt really shines in there.

tinister said:
Hey, Reinhardt -

I personally find logo elements in a statue distracting. Just me, though. Tin

Appreciate the opinion, i may just go without a logo now as i have no idea how to even make one. :)

pjam said:
Deep Purple? Hush! :D No bro, leave the water smoky, base shades of gray and metal... IMHO.

should i drybrush the black base with shades of grey and metal?

xenoviper said:
gees thats amazing piece of art! great stuff. did you take each individual pieces aparts to chrome it?

thanks! i didn't do it, commissioned someone to but they kept the entire endo intact while airbrushing.

hunky_artist said:
in....credible :bow

anyone got any pics of how this looked before? I'm not familiar with the NECA piece, how big is it?

I don't have any pics of before, but the whole thing was painted in a dull shade of grey. No metallic look to it at all.

Shai Hulud said:
awesome !!!! the neca sculpt really shines in there.

:D

Not sure what you're using for water, but future floor wax does the same and it is really cheap. Gotta be Future brand though. I tried the off brand cheaper stuff and it doesn't work well.

Back