Mega Bloks Star Trek TOS sets and ships

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astra

Super Freak
Reaction score
I looked but I couldn't find a thread about the new Mega Bloks Star Trek line. Apologies if there already is one.

But I think they are very new, the first two sets - bridge and transporter room - are already available. Many more are expected in the fall, also complete ships.

I always wanted a bridge and now I finally have one. I am totally blown away!

The doors can be slid open. I need to find a good picture of the turbolift to put behind them:

You also can undo the hinges and use it as a flat display:

There is even little NOMAD floating about!

The figures are a bit bigger than LEGO and have certainly more joints. Ballpoint shoulder joint so the arms go also sideways, as well as knee and elbow joints:

And even a little tricorder, communicator and phasers:

The instructions are very easy to follow. I highly recommend this and the other sets!

Thanks for the pics and review.

The moment I find these they are bought. I was hoping Kre-O would get to classic Trek but this is waaayyyyy better. :)

Thanks for the pics and review.

The moment I find these they are bought. I was hoping Kre-O would get to classic Trek but this is waaayyyyy better. :)
I just learnt about Kre-o today. I had no idea there were so many brands!

I just bought the bridge set and also the transporter room set on Amazon.com. I haven't been lucky finding them anywhere else but I think they are very new, maybe other shops will get them later.

And here some pictures from the transporter room for your enjoyment:

It's the Mirror Mirror version but there are two extra wall panels so it can be changed into the regular one.

We get Mirror Kirk and Spock with it and Scotty is just beaming in:

They also have their daggers:

As with the first set, you also can unhinge it and put it as a flat display. The computer console in the front can be turned accordingly:

Also the wall panels at the back let light through if you put a light source behind it, they'll lit up.

McCoy will be coming with two redshirts and the guardian from "The city on the edge of forever", and Scotty and Chekov will come with the set from "Day of the dove", where they are sword-fighting against Klingons. These are supposed to come out in Fall. Also there are complete ships, a Klingon ship and the Enterprise.

Personally, I am hoping for a sickbay, now that would be a cool set to play with! Make it happen!

Great review Astra, Love all the pictures!

I have several Mega Bloks sets from Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, a couple from HALO. The Quality of the new Mega Bloks stuff is greatly improved, at the same level of LEGO now. I also think Mega Bloks are better designed sets and look better with their complex marbling colors.
If you have any problem with malformed or missing pieces, contact Mega Bloks here:
https://support.megabrands.com/en/customerservice/age_requestform.php

They will almost always send you replacements. The only time they didn't for me was for a figure in the Assassin's Creed line. Every other time I contacted them, they made it right. And it's not just Mega Bloks that have the occasional problem with a set, LEGO has had similar issues and also have their own web contact to replace missing or damaged pieces.

I only have the Guardian of Forever set so far, looks great!
Fascinating 001.jpg

Also,
The KRE-O Star Trek sets, I recommend to avoid them, as well as any other KRE-O set. Stick with Mega Bloks or LEGO.:lecture

Thank you for the contact link! Very useful to have although I didn't have any issues so far. Just some leftover stones but nothing missing. I don't have any plans for buying Kre-O but if you ever looked at Stargate Best-Lock then you know to avoid them too. They are looking so cheap and awful and from the reviews I read also don't hold together very well and you need to glue them.

I am thinking about getting the McFarlane Walking Dead boiler room though, do you think it will be in scale with the Mega Bloks figures? Surely they could investigate an old boiler room on some random planet some time?

I was very surprised when we suddenly also were able to buy the Guardian and the Day of the Dove sets, I could have not waited till fall! I just forgot to update this thread. Thanks for reminding me. Here are some Dove set pictures (there are actually four swords, not three):

And I recreated some Guardian scenes:

I'm a bit disappointed with the Bones though. His face is the only one where I can't see the original actor in it. Something is off.
Still hoping for a sickbay though! Surely these sets must sell well?

Also, if anyone buys the Enterprise set and is only interested in the ship but may sell the Kirk and Spock figures in dress uniforms that come with them, let me know!

I don't own any of McFarlane's Building sets. The McF building sets are very different from the MB or LEGO building sets, they're not interchangeable. The McF sets are more like buildable and slightly configurable snap together model kits. Also, MB and LEGO are fully compatible. The McF minifigures look very close to Mega bloks Call Of Duty scale to me, just differently proportioned. Also, The MB Call Of Duty Minifigures are just slightly taller than the Mega Bloks fully articulated minifigures from their other sets like Halo, Star Trek, Assassin's Creed, Terminator Genisys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Destiny. Older Mega Bloks minifigures prior to COD or before 2014 for their Halo series are not as fully articulated.

I watch a lot of Jangbricks YouTube videos for Mega Bloks and Lego reviews, they're some of the best you can find:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LEGOJANG

I'll see about taking a pic of the different minifigures side by side.

The problem with my McCoy figure is the eyebrows are painted a little off, otherwise, it looks like him to me.
As for these selling well, I doubt it. Mega Bloks frequently go on sale, I've only very rarely paid full price. The Destiny sets however seem to sell very well.

Edit:
I took a comparison pic of all the highly articulated MB Minifigures that I own. I don't have any Destiny figures and all of my T-800 Terminators are boxed up. The T-800s are not as articulated as most of the new MB minifigs but they work well for what they are, look online for pics of those. All of the ones in the front are on plates of the same height. As you can tell, only the COD minifigs are taller than any other MB Mingfig.
I also forgot to mention that the Minifig pieces are also mostly interchangeable. There are a few issues between the COD pieces and the others, so it's trial and error.
The second pic shows how the figures compare to the standard Mega Bloks horse and Ezio Auditore without the hood and with his hair, the Assassin's Creed figs have holes in the top of their heads for accessories, none of the others have this.
Mega Bloks Minifigures Comparison 001.jpg
Mega Bloks Minifigures Comparison 002.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for never replying. Thanks for all the info! And you're right, there seems to be a sale at the moment. Well, I already have everything I wanted and am happy I hadn't have to wait.

And what a lovely collection you have! Love the horse!

My figures visited the Christmas market! It's my 3D advent calendar.

Uhura found something nice at the stalls:

And McCoy found something nice as well ;)

Spock: "What a crude way of transportation."
Kirk: "Where is your sense for adventure?"
Bones: "Beats having my particles spread all over the universe!"
Scotty: "Ain't it a beauty?"

balloon.jpg

Back