1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
1/6 Wampa!!!

90ded3f3-5c61-403e-ae08-7186caf150d9_zps5xwpybuj.jpg

The Wampa Project is moving forward and is now closed!

The full figure cost is $550 (plus shipping) and includes:
1. Painted head, hands and feet.
2. Hair application to hands, head and feet
3. 1/4 Articulated Coo Models body with modifications
4. Faux Fur body suit with weathering

The set of casts cost is $130 (plus shipping) and includes:
1. Unpainted head, hands and feet

Confirmed Buyers:
Full Figure:
Spudtrooper Done- awaiting contact
Tauntaun Han Shipped!!!
Rydeck Shipped!!!
The_Darkness_Predator Deposit Received
Comatoast Deposit Received
Teleray Deposit Received
wilcofan99 Deposit Received
nexus Deposit Received
BOBAFATTY Deposit Received
Lee in MI Deposit Received
Giant Sloar Deposit Received
Cocoboloboy Deposit Received

Set of Casts:
generalgrievous Shipped!!!
T-Squared Shipped!!!
LOPIE Shipped!!!
Faatagi Shipped!!!
pixelpiper Shipped!!!

UPDATE 10- 1/16/18:

-Parts are painted
-Fur pieces are being cut and applied
-First set of 5 should be completed late January/early February

3a188d48-a0dd-47cc-8ab4-7153442b8329_zpsjoimee3c.jpg

052ed66a-e855-4192-acc2-93ecf6b6391f_zpsy3uk9ykt.jpg

7e221c3e-3394-4de2-9594-fd2682cc0ec5_zpsb7hnpwep.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Full figure or Kit

I'll hold off till the reissue is available. ;)

Seriously though... it sounds like a really fun project. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Re: Interest: What is it? You smell something? 1/6 Wampa Project- Full figure or Kit

what type of facial expression are you thinking about giving the wampa sculpt ?

Re: Interest: What is it? You smell something? 1/6 Wampa Project- Full figure or Kit

I'd be in for a full figure. Put me on the list. :D

I'm thinking a articulated jaw if possible.

If we can get enough to make it happen; I'm thinking at least 5 we could discuss head styles. There are a few different versions from the movie and deleted scenes; but my preference would be the above since he's the main one.

I would like to get a full figure but we will have to see on final pricing since that is a big chunk of change

Yeah I like that look too.

I think you should just offer the one likeness (from the above picture) with a moveable jaw. If you get into different head styles it's going to turn into a production nightmare and nothing will move forward. Keep your final goal simple. Maybe when the first figure is done you can offer different heads that can be swapped out at a later date.

Try to shoot for groups of ten... or more. RPF members try to get at least ten for a run. It makes getting materials from the suppliers cheaper.

Sorry if I sound like I'm lecturing. I don't mean to.

Agreed Weezer, I only intend for one head to be made, but I'm open to which version if there is a strong preference towards one of the other looks.

And 10 would be a great to get.

Would this use the head/hands sculpt that Spacecrawler used (are they redos of the hasbro sculpt?) I'm interested, but just want to see a bit more like fur type, what type of sculpt etc., a snapshot of what we'd be getting.

Would this use the head/hands sculpt that Spacecrawler used (are they redos of the hasbro sculpt?) I'm interested, but just want to see a bit more like fur type, what type of sculpt etc., a snapshot of what we'd be getting.

This is not attached to Spacecrawler at all, but I'd be following a similar recipe. The casts would be a new sculpt by Caine; if you are unfamiliar with his work he makes incredibly detailed sculpts and produces very clean/high quality casts. Caine Productions

Give me a bit and I'll put together some images of what I'd like to achieve and the body and fur I'm planning on using.

I'm interested in a full figure, but I can't commit to saying I'd definitely buy one at this time due to the cost and lack of funds. That might change once I sell off more toys in my collection when I have a chance to go through my stuff.

I have always wanted a proper Wampa. It is one of my favorite Star Wars creatures.

So you can put me on the intered list for a full figure, but know that buying one depends on how much money I have set aside at the time of making them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm interested in a full figure, but I can't commit to saying I'd definitely buy one at this time due to the cost and lack of funds. That might change once I sell off more toys in my collection when I have a chance to go through my stuff.

I have always wanted a proper Wampa. It is one of my favorite Star Wars creatures.

So you can put me on the intered list for a full figure, but know that buying one depends on how much money I have set aside at the time of making them.

Totally understand, this is just an interest list. I'll add you :duff

40081ae8-91b0-4625-a000-894ad4d467f5_zpstmyhvgcq.jpg

At this point the plan would be to use the upcoming Coo Models 1/4 body as it is the approximate height of a Wampa (9ft-10ft). As you can see the in the image with the Wampa dragging Luke, the men standing by the Wampa are drawfed by him. The end height would be somewhere in the 18' range.

The major modification that would be needed for the body is to lengthen the arms. It may be necessary to shorten the legs as well, but that would be decided when a prototype is being worked on.​

33923914-c8c9-4e53-a6b1-b8b58ff08944_zpsbaleurzz.jpg

I'll test out some samples of faux fur (like the one above) to find one that will closely approximate the look and lenght of the screen-used Wampas. The final fur will be likely have some weathering and color added to take away the show-room shine of clean fur.

That 1/4 body seems just a tad oversized, but should be fine. Interested what "look" the facesculpt will be.

I'm thinking if the body is too tall after the head is in place that's where removing a bit of the leg height could compensate. But when you see the crew standing next to the Wampa dragging Luke they come up to a similar height on the Wampa.

Another option could be to modify a doll body, but I like how this one would have all the articulation we've come to expect.

As for the look, the hinged jaw is possible; so my preference would be the head style from the image in the first post.

Count me as interested.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would like a kit.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I'd be down of a kit, hands, feet, and head

Back