New to Sixth Scale Figure Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just recently found this site after diving head first into Sideshow and Hot Toys sixth scale figures. I never knew these kind of figures were available until my local collectible store started to carry them. I've collected all kinds of action figures all my life, but nothing like these. The first figure I fell in love with was the Sideshow sixth scale Deadpool figure. I had to have this figure so I went home and got everything I could find to trade in on this figure(my local store takes trade-ins for store credit). I got the figure home and was amazed on the detail. I knew I was instantly hooked on them. Since then I have obtained several Star Wars The Force Awakens figures to include Kylo Ren, FO Stormtrooper, and the FO Snowtrooper. I also have the Ray/BB8 combo, Fin, and Captain Phasma on order. I want so many of them now that I'm considering selling of my large DC Kotobuyika collection to be able to fund these figures. So, that's about it for now. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I can't wait to get new ideas from members on how to show off my figures. Thanks

Welcome! Prepare to be both amazed (by all the wonderful toys) and horrified! (by your bank account being depleted)

Yeah, I'm already seeing the depleted bank account horror. Oh the future arguments I will have with my wife when it comes to buying more figures. Lol.

Welcome.

It's a lot of fun but financially it will evolve into a new monthly bill like a car payment. Especially if you're looking to buy older figures given your market entry date. But it's pretty cool stuff like you said.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Welcome! Prepare to be both amazed (by all the wonderful toys) and horrified! (by your bank account being depleted)

:lecture :rotfl

Welcome aboard! Yep it's a definite fund drain but as long as you just stick to the figures you really love rather than trying to buy as many as you can its not too bad. In the world of 1/6 scale it's quality, not quantity. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! Yep it's a definite fund drain but as long as you just stick to the figures you really love rather than trying to buy as many as you can its not too bad. In the world of 1/6 scale it's quality, not quantity. Enjoy!
Thanks everyone. Yeah I've decided to stick to SWTFA figures for now. Hopefully one day I can add some of the characters from the original movies. There are so many awesome characters I want to collect, but your right, quality is better than quantity right now.

Back