How many NRD's have you lost?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erndog

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I know there are a variety of reasons why you may have willingly (or unwillingly) lost an NRD, but just curious as to how many you've had to lose (for whatever reason)?

I've only lost 1 so far. Have semi-contemplated another.

Just wondering how much we've lined the Sideshow pockets :lol

(forgive me if there is a topic like this)

I've used up my 'free' pass from Sideshow. I've burned two NRDs in the last 2 years. Lesson learned. There are other companies/distributors that have PO without NRD. ...and why PO when most items are available with discount after release.

2 or 3.

The ones I can remember are when I cancelled the Delorean from Sideshow and a recent custom project I backed out of.

In these cases I didn't even ask for a refund. The sideshow one because I assumed NRD actually meant NRD and the custom one as a courtesy because flaky buyers are annoying and I have become one :lol

Oh, I've lost money on some customs projects, as well, though I'm not sure how many. One for sure was from the fraudulent bum Moe, over a project he never completed for many. So, glad I lost my $15 or whatever on that. I hope he enjoys it in Scumsville or wherever it is he lives now.

Just checked, ten cancellations never lost an NRD although a couple had no NRD.

CS have always been very understanding but I have always had good reason to cancel :)

What is an acceptable reason for cancellation that secures you a refund of a ''Non-refundable deposit''? Perhaps I would have qualified for it on the Delorean

I would also like to know. I lost the one "courtesy" NRD because there were drastic changes from prototype to production, but the customer service guy told me that there is that little qualifier on every page that the final product may look different, so tough titties if I decided I got roped into something under false pretenses. . .another reason I rarely order from SSC directly anymore.

None.

I had the one time freebie, then I was able to get another one back after some convincing. Now I'm very wary about ordering anything from Sideshow because I don't think I'd be able to get away with it again.

Zero. When I order, I make sure I really want it. Unless there's extenuating circumstances (illness, or loss of job), I don't feel it's fair to hose the retailer because I may not like the final product. And I rarely order from SSC anyway.

Burned my freebie from Sideshow but that's it so far. I'm preordering much less than I used to though. Most pieces I can wait to order until they're shipping.

How often do products sell out anymore? Why would you PO (and incur an NRD) when you can just wait and see in-hand pics and then order? Sideshow figs used to sell out - in some cases fast - so you had to get an order in but I can't think of any figs - HT or SSC - that were sold out by the time they shipped in the past couple of years (maybe the EX Marty?) And even if they did, HT went ahead and did a reissue all of their SW line figs anyway.

I guess you can use a coupon that may expire for a PO, but coupon codes seem to be built into SSC's pricing these days, so they are a fairly constant phenomenon as opposed to periodic like they used to be.

All of this adds up to the question - why PO at all? And no PO means no NRD.:dunno

Over the years I've probably lost several NRD's, Probably around $200 worth.... But thanks to SS large edition sizes, I just wait and see what it looks like before buying, that way I don't have to mess with NRD's anymore...

How often do products sell out anymore? Why would you PO (and incur an NRD) when you can just wait and see in-hand pics and then order? Sideshow figs used to sell out - in some cases fast - so you had to get an order in but I can't think of any figs - HT or SSC - that were sold out by the time they shipped in the past couple of years (maybe the EX Marty?) And even if they did, HT went ahead and did a reissue all of their SW line figs anyway.

I guess you can use a coupon that may expire for a PO, but coupon codes seem to be built into SSC's pricing these days, so they are a fairly constant phenomenon as opposed to periodic like they used to be.

All of this adds up to the question - why PO at all? And no PO means no NRD.:dunno

Depends on what you're buying. Exclusive PF's is where you'll hit a snag every once in a while. It also depends on how long you wait. EX Darkseid, even with the issues, I still see people saying their waitlist isn't converting. However if it's just a reg your after waiting isn't bad at all.

I've had to cancel several things over the years. I think overall, I lost around $100.

Back