Ebay Seller Fees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robopredinator

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't sold on ebay in years but has the seller fee always been 10%!? That sounds like a ridiculous amount that ebay sucks up - even more after Paypal fees. They also nickel-and-dime you to death with other fees and there's also a fee on shipping too? Damn, I don't understand how low volume sellers take such a hit on big-ticket items.

I haven't sold on ebay in years but has the seller fee always been 10%!? That sounds like a ridiculous amount that ebay sucks up - even more after Paypal fees. They also nickel-and-dime you to death with other fees and there's also a fee on shipping too? Damn, I don't understand how low volume sellers take such a hit on big-ticket items.

I haven't checked, but I don't think it cost to list anymore, and they're pushing free shipping.

Hey, their CEO needs a new mansion so stop complaining!

Used to be you weren't charged a fee on shipping, but now I'm pretty sure they just include the cost and shipping together, and then take a percentage from that. This discourages folks charging $1 for an item and $100 for shipping or whatever to avoid fees.

When you sell on EBay, be prepared to lose 20% on whatever you sell between the ebay, paypal and shipping fees...

When I bother to check I lose at least 20% loss between high fees, plus if the buyer has any remorse or is a scammer then you're further screwed (and it seems to have an unusually high number of those folksm especially after they made it impossible to leave unpositive feedback for buyers).

I have 14+ years on fleaBbay because it's the easiest way to off load items...but it's a real drag sometimes. And yes still better than trying to sell here.

When I bother to check I lose at least 20% loss between high fees, plus if the buyer has any remorse or is a scammer then you're further screwed (and it seems to have an unusually high number of those folksm especially after they made it impossible to leave unpositive feedback for buyers).

I have 14+ years on fleaBbay because it's the easiest way to off load items...but it's a real drag sometimes. And yes still better than trying to sell here.

Let's be honest, no one is going to buy from someone on these boards who are only coming here to sell. You have 3 posts in 2.5 years.

A lot of people on here expect you to take a loss or make next to nothing when you sell on the board, which I don't understand. I guess they figure you just trying to unload something you no longer want so you should practically give it away. I'll keep it before I take a loss on something.

Let's be honest, no one is going to buy from someone on these boards who are only coming here to sell. You have 3 posts in 2.5 years.]

You got to be kidding. Why are you making such a broad assumption that is entirely incorrect and without basis.

Why are people so biased and rude to perceived newbies at this board?

Good job Ween! You sure showed that newbie not to dare to try to contribute to the discussion.

I can block stupid bidders on eBay. As soon as they start asking to lower the price, blocked. If they ask stupid questions, blocked. Hell, I won't even answer their messages. My OBO is automatic and rejects up to a certain amount without me doing anything. I list everything in a detailed way, to the point that I'm not really liable for stupid **** (I've NEVER had any problems, EVER. 400+ transactions as a seller) it's all about real pics and a very throughout description. I'll gladly let eBay and PayPal take their cut of they got my back like they do (they've removed almost 6 negative feedback based only on members being stupid and not reading de description).

I'd rather deal with eBay buyers, as stupid as some of them are, than members here. I swear some of the members here either live in extreme poverty or they are just a bunch of losers.

You got to be kidding. Why are you making such a broad assumption that is entirely incorrect and without basis.

My basis was that you claimed it was better to sell on ebay then here. I assumed then that you have actually sold on here....or tried. People who have been on these boards for a long time aren't that trusting of people who come here simply to sell and have a low post count with no avatar. Sorry if you took offense, but that's the way it is.

sorry but you have no history here and i would be afraid of buying from you lol

you dont care to get to know any of us or become part of this community, I mean, you dont have to, of course not, but we dont have to trust either, it works both ways.
you are definitely not a newb but you are no one known either

its like buying from a seller on ebay with a 4 feedback, i dont think most people would (since you can easily get feedback from buying cheap stuff) i guess you could consider post count as this forum's "buyer feedback" if that makes sense.

If it weren't for the fees, I would definitely be selling more on ebay. Whenever I sell there now, my goal is just to get lots of views and make a deal outside of ebay. Tbh, when I post things here, I don't really expect to see much action.

If it weren't for the fees, I would definitely be selling more on ebay. Whenever I sell there now, my goal is just to get lots of views and make a deal outside of ebay. Tbh, when I post things here, I don't really expect to see much action.

how does that work? do you message people? how do people know about making deals with you outside??????

do you have special code in the description?

Back