Anyone else get a Majestic Studios Cylon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got mine from Alter Ego... surprising too, as I thought they went under... Guess this one will be the official "last figure" to come from Majestic. In any case, I'm borderline unsatisfied with this damn thing. It looks nice standing there and it's huge! But, my open hands were put together upside down for one and the shoulder joint was completely shattered upon arrival.

My fiance told me to just send it back, but I just didn't want to deal with the hassle... Decided to just glue it back together and find a way to fix the hands eventually. At least I will have a Cylon in the collection and maybe eventually I can commission Sunohc for a Baltar sculpt. I'll be happy then, at least to have that much....

Anyhoo...here are pics...

DSCN1963.jpg

DSCN1964.jpg

DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

Great pics! I'll soon have all of those (except for the Cylon) myself.

And, damn it, I think I need to have you repaint my Wolverine now too! :monkey1

Do you offer a Dark Artist Credit Card, by any chance? :lol

It looks great and is a lot taller than I expected. Does it have much articulation or does it just stand there? And does the base actually hold it or is it just standing on it?

That stinks about it being damaged!

IrishJedi said:
Great pics! I'll soon have all of those (except for the Cylon) myself.

And, damn it, I think I need to have you repaint my Wolverine now too! :monkey1

Do you offer a Dark Artist Credit Card, by any chance? :lol

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

I WISH! Yeah, DA's FlexPay program... $10 a month for 3 months...:chew

And btw... I'd LOVE to have another crack at Wolverine... I know I could do even better next time. :cool:

Batty said:
It looks great and is a lot taller than I expected. Does it have much articulation or does it just stand there? And does the base actually hold it or is it just standing on it?

That stinks about it being damaged!

Yeah, it's actually pretty nice... the fingers are sorta fragile, and the articulation is very very limited... but you can wring some decent poses out of the thing. I would attempt more, but with him being damaged... makes it kinda hard.

The stand has pegs that fit into holes on it's feet, so you can stick him and he stays. The hands switch out as do the gauntlets to have the guns out or folded.

I really like it, even despite the flaws. And he's TALLER than my Chopper Predator!! Freaking HUGE.

DarkArtist81 said:
And btw... I'd LOVE to have another crack at Wolverine... I know I could do even better next time. :cool:

Let's see...

So far:

Captain Miller
Anakin
Superman
Thomas Jane Punisher

And now Wolverine.

I'm even contemplating Obi-Wan as well. :google

Let me post this again:

money.gif

:lol

Nice to see your in and set up Josh.

That Rocky Balboa is looking good...

BTW - sending the other heads tomorrow (gonna stick Tinister's Daniel Craig in too for a paintjob. Let me know what the damage is when they arrive!)

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, it's actually pretty nice... the fingers are sorta fragile, and the articulation is very very limited... but you can wring some decent poses out of the thing. I would attempt more, but with him being damaged... makes it kinda hard.
Well, they aren't exactly that flexible on the show anyways. :lol

IrishJedi said:
Let's see...

So far:

Captain Miller
Anakin
Superman
Thomas Jane Punisher

And now Wolverine.

I'm even contemplating Obi-Wan as well. :google

Let me post this again:

money.gif

:lol

:chew :banana:banana:chew

Josh +
money.gif
= Official painter of IrishJedi collection... :D

Batty said:
Well, they aren't exactly that flexible on the show anyways. :lol

Exactly! :lol.... That's why this figure is perfectly fine without it... All they have to do is stand there and look menacing, maybe shoot someone every now and again. :D

abstractharmony said:
not to mention mine!

Oh Hell yeah! I'm an Old School AH painter!! AHP for Life! :rock

Now if I can just trick UPS into shipping them cheaper he can finally have them in hand! :cool:

I think I'm just going to build a transporter and ship my stuff like that.

I got the Cyclon and the battle damaged one at SDCC. I think it's great, although I broke the arm right out of the box too. Just put on the gun arm though and didn't worry about it. The stand does nothing for him though.

But he does look like the source material, more so than the retro Cylon.

You may want to hold off on that comission for a little while. DST has busts of the new cast in the works. If they're the same size as their monster busts, then heads are 1/6 scale.

Back