XM Studios 1/4 Planet/King Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown Hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1464411747391_zpsjnhbye7j.jpg

FB_IMG_1464411752944_zpsqwjzjiig.jpg

FB_IMG_1464411787821_zpsroyhm6hg.jpg

FB_IMG_1464411782292_zpshhfbtol9.jpg

Jesus Christ. That just took a big **** on the Sideshow one.

Lol.... Nope... SSC's King and Gladiator are still incredibly awesome Martin Canale sculpt. I am not saying that this isn't an amazing sculpt and that Troy isn't going to be able to match the feel of what Canale did. I am just saying that just because this looks amazing it won't take anything away fro, what SSC did in terms of doing an AMAZING looking Hulk.... OTHER then the switchouts and the more intricate base... Yeah they will take SSC there if they can make a King and gladiator all in one, but it will be a costly bugger that is for sure. This could be one of my first XM pieces.... Not sure though as I have to see what comes of the Alliance project.

Lol.... Nope...

:lol ... Yup...

Not everyone is going to agree with me, but I think it's better. You can see Hulk's entire body--he's not hidden by a big shield. The display options give you both Gladiator and King Hulk and a variety of weapons to choose from. The one leg up pose (that I normally hate) isn't bad here because it's not a stoic pose. I much prefer the "I just wrecked **** so come at me, bro" attitude in the stance than Sideshow's "posing for a picture" statues. It looks like a perfect representation of what Hulk went through in the comic. Hopefully the final product isn't a let-down but as it is, I'm definitely getting it.

this looks awesome but I will likely pass. I have both SS versions so it will be difficult to justify a third one.

Yup, loved alot of XM's stuff, but never enough to "track" anything down. Looks like this is going to be the game changer, this just looks amazing.

Base makes this more of a planet hulk than king. But still nice. Definitely better than the first hulk they did.

:lol ... Yup...

Not everyone is going to agree with me, but I think it's better. You can see Hulk's entire body--he's not hidden by a big shield. The display options give you both Gladiator and King Hulk and a variety of weapons to choose from. The one leg up pose (that I normally hate) isn't bad here because it's not a stoic pose. I much prefer the "I just wrecked **** so come at me, bro" attitude in the stance than Sideshow's "posing for a picture" statues. It looks like a perfect representation of what Hulk went through in the comic. Hopefully the final product isn't a let-down but as it is, I'm definitely getting it.

No no Zod you and I are having a slightly different discussion I think. IMHO this piece MAY come out better than SSCs pieces. It certainly has the potential too be, and it will all depend on the finish. Especially the final paint app, which is where I think XM has had some trouble as of late with Paint apps making a sculpt look a little flat. If they NAIL a paint app that rivals the SSC King and Gladiator Hulk paint apps this one will be better. IF there is one guy who can hang with the likes of Pablo, Martin, and Andy when it comes to the Hulk it is Troy McDevitt. He does a KILLER Hulk. When I hear the term "**** all over" that to me means that the other piece is a total piece of garbage, and I don't think that can be said about the SSC King and Gladiator Hulks

I like this better then SSC as a Planet Hulk piece. I like SSC King better then this piece as a King. I just think the pose on SSC King fits the piece better and the XM gladiator fits that piece better.

Either way it looks like it could be Killer.

Agreed, and with the base as well it just makes it a better planet hulk statue as a whole.

Still nice to have the switch outs though.

The KH is just an impressive presence of a statue and easily one of SSC's best imo. It'll be nice to display the SSC's KH next to XM's GH :)

Back