Solo_bones Custom Jawas and Bases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solo_bones

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought I would start making an effort to put some of my custom Jawas on a base that has a little scene to bring out the characters of the little junk collectors.

Here's my first WIP. There's going to be metal tubes, wires and custom bits coming out of the droid head and lying around on what will be a sand base.

thats-incredible.jpg

Wow....I'm grateful for the compliments, gents. I've been up and down on these. The more I come back to it and rework the more I see I need to improve. The work you guys do makes me feel I need to work harder to make them more authentic.

Thanks again, my friends.

I had to do some morning shots with morning sun. One day I'll get out at sun rise and get some shots like the scene where they're selling Droids. I need to buy some Sideshow droids.

Boooooo...you would show these wonderful customs right before SSCs drops their obviously inferior jawas...me has a sad cause I pre-ordered:(

BaHahahaha....that's too kind, but that's not my intention. I hope I don't dissuade people from buying Sideshowtoys Jawas.

I do hope that some people see difference and if they want something different feel they have an option.

Thank you, that's too kind. SS did amazing detailed work.

Thanks man...I've not perfected the sand base as of yet on every effort...so I have a ways to go here. I like the mixed medi look with actual sand mixed in, but it's hard to do it and make it flow and look natural. I've got some sanding work and then reapplication efforts that need to be done here.

Yeah, that's a repainted Hasbro head. A cheap supply of props. I'm going to use the other parts in differnt bases.

GG,

Testing out some various surface options. Which do you like, smaller ripples, larger or little to none?

Your Jawas are looking excellent... not just the actual figures you are putting together, but the posing of the little buggers shows a lot of character.

I really like the sand effects on the bases as well. Well done!

Back