Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
preview_Gastonia.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/preview_Gastonia.jpg

Holy sh**!

Although I have no idea how long this line will last, it's great to see that they are consistently putting something out albeit somewhat slowly (well, it is easier on my wallet though :))

I still sincerely hope that they re-release the Euoplocephalus hatchling statue in the near future.
Even though an upcoming ankylosaur statue does not guarantee a re-release.......

Given the slower release cadence over the past year I was starting to fear they'd suspended the line. So it's good to see another new release on the way. And I too agree it's easier on the household budget to do 1-2 less statues a year.

Not sure how I missed the announcement until today's newsletter/email from Sideshow. At first glance I thought it was a promo for a Godzilla figure. :)

i suppose it could be taken that way. My first thought was it be being portrayed eating them like in some older artwork. maybe it will defending the nest from predators, like with the ceratosaurus/pterosaurs then..a sort of dio.

Holy sh**!

Although I have no idea how long this line will last, it's great to see that they are consistently putting something out albeit somewhat slowly (well, it is easier on my wallet though :))

I still sincerely hope that they re-release the Euoplocephalus hatchling statue in the near future.
Even though an upcoming ankylosaur statue does not guarantee a re-release.......

Actually, most dinosaur statues have been sold out, or increasing the quantity for market demand...it seems that dinosaur line do well in recent years. Hope it will live as long as we want. :)

I'm really hoping we get more pictures this week. I'd love to get this order in so I can start budgeting for other statues. :impatient:

Already people from Sideshow Collectibles they are very strange. They said a month ago that "very soon "we will see the statue of Gastonia, and now already passed more than a month. They are pathetic!

I thought even at SDCC will be a table full of this wonderful line, but I was already accustomed to the idea that Dinosauria line must be in the shadow of other lines much more appreciated by them (Marvel Court of the Dead, etc.) . It was a unique opportunity at the SDCC us to see new prototypes of this line. However this year is the first year that it was released just one dinosaur :(

I remember Ceratosaurus released the photos just a week after its 'Coming-soon' news, very quickly. Just don't understand why it take so much time for Gastonia...I also remember Mosasaur was a very long wait, too...
Some fast some slow...I really don't understand their release standard.

However this year is the first year that it was released just one dinosaur :(

And i'm still hoping that they will release the Pachycephalosaurus vs raptors.
That artwork was amazing.
Also still waiting for a cool Dimetrodon.
Sooo many cool dino's.
Rebor Collectibles is quicker with some releases than SS.

never could figure our ss release schedule, took pen to paper for years and its just about random. My guess is Comic Con took precedence with more recognizable name brands.

Pachy VS Raptors? I don't recall that art.

Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur, not even close really.

Rebor is quicker but they are a pain personally to deal with and their product is nowhere as good as Sideshow's.

Where Gastonia on SDCC? Any photos?

No, I was there again this year and no Dinosauria. I wasn't too surprised by this as it's been 4+ years since it's been at SDCC, but at the show I again let Tom Gilliland, creative director at Sideshow Collectibles, know how much we love the line.

Back