Shipping advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan.never

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to find a shipping solution from USA to Europe for a box 27 lbs, 23x23x19 inch large.

So far all the couriers and services give me rates well beyond 700$!

Is it possible to have this shipped for some reasonable price (less than 200$)? Anybody knowing a shipping company that can do this, please let me know.

Thanks...

I'd bring the box to USPS and have them quote the price for me. I shipped a statue (Cyclops PF) to a fellow freak from USA to South Korea it was only $80

USPS is the way to go for shipping internationally, but have you thought of splitting up the shipment to reduce weight? If you can send it in 3 packages or so it might reduce the cost instead of one massive shipment

I had to ship a bunch of boxes from the US to UK a few years ago, I remember USPS was easily the best way to go....

You might get a better rate from UPS if you go to one of their customer service centers and have them calculate the cost rather than trying to do it online, but USPS may still end up being the better option.

Measure the box yourself, take it to a self service USPS kiosk to get an accurate weight, then do the 'buy postage' part online as you may save money further buying the postage online through the USPS website.

Edit: Looking at the weight of it you might find it easier just to buy at the USPS brick & mortar place...

That's a very large and heavy box, so you'll have to eat a lot of shipping fees. But, as others have said, ship with USPS and get insurance.

Thanks for all the valuable info.
Unfortunatelly, I had to abandon the plan to ship this box.
USPS wouldn't ship it by International Priority Shipping, it was 3 inches too big and that was the only option below 200$.
All other shipping services were above 700$ which is too expensive.
(It was Yoda Hut from Sideshow box).

Back