Weta Workshop 1:30 Range

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the price is reasonable I'm in full board. I love the 1:6 scale statues but my money goes to other things and I don't have the money or space to get a lot so I'm in for miniatures. I even think my dad would love this line too. One thing this reminds me of is like the McFarlane construction sets and I buy those except you don't build these.

Odd to hear them say collector's are moving away from larger, bespoke pieces. That is not my impression at all. Most companies are going bigger and bigger.

Depening on how these turn out I may be interested. Once these are all built up / attached and put together even at that small a scale, could still end up being space hogs. Can't wait to see what they come up with though.

Odd to hear them say collector's are moving away from larger, bespoke pieces. That is not my impression at all. Most companies are going bigger and bigger.

They are not listening here for sure. WRONG WAY Weta, collectors are going LARGER not smaller. We need 1/4+, even their environments are getting larger thankfully which is the only reason I even have some of them.

Depening on how these turn out I may be interested. Once these are all built up / attached and put together even at that small a scale, could still end up being space hogs. Can't wait to see what they come up with though.

That's what I'm thinking, if you collected them all, you'd have quit a bit of space taken up. The one environment they show that they're working on is still quite large. There are so many statues that they could do rather than going this route.

I have to wonder how the paint will come out as well. If they come out looking like Eaglemoss statues....forget it.

They are not listening here for sure. WRONG WAY Weta, collectors are going LARGER not smaller. We need 1/4+, even their environments are getting larger thankfully which is the only reason I even have some of them.

Let alone starting with this particular scene. Armies of Middle Earth tried this long ago. I never liked the concept as it reminded me of pretty old school model train types of setups, or historical battle recreations.

I love this concept!
Ever since LEGO quit their LOTR & Hobbit lines, this is what I've been hoping and waiting for.
As long as the quality is good and they're not blindbags, I'm all-in for this.

I was hoping it was a typo and we were talking 1/3 scale. 1/30th? Yea, no interest at all. They are dead wrong about collectors going away from larger pieces. I get where they are coming from in wanting to do big dios, but those will take up a ton of room too.

I like Wetas environments which are diorama enough for me. There are so many locations / structures / events in ME as a whole I can understand why people would like this idea, it's almost like a high end playset. It'll really come down to how well it's executed.

I was trying to think of what scene I would like. The only one I could think of would be one with The Fellowship.

I would like something with all 4 hobbits in hobbit attire, possibly all seated at a table drinking and smiling in a very Hobbit sort of way. I don't collect a lot of figurative pieces for Middle Earth, but this I would like. Either movie adaptation or something else.

The only diorama type things that I would like are from the Silmarilion.... money saved :lol

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

I would love to be able to upgrade these. :eek:

As someone who has always loved dioramas, I am super excited for these! I can't wait to see some images of the final pieces!

So, any of you more experienced collectors dare to guess how long I would have to hold my breath for this to be available?
I have no idea how long Weta announces stuff like this before release.

They are usually pretty good on keeping wait times down, unlike SS where tease to in hand can approach 2 years.

Huh. I am actually very excited to see what this turns into. If the sculpts and paints are good and I can afford it I might dive into this. Price and quality will be key but the better the quality the higher the price.

Back