Media Kojima Productions new IP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
NTyuyMJ.jpg

https://www.polygon.com/2016/5/17/11692240/kojima-productions-logo-character-ludens-hideo-kojima

What I fear with whatever this new game or series will be, that I love it intially... and then in his typical fashion, makes me hate it.

Kojima's constant Twitter barrage about Ludens and having his fanbase evolve into Ludens - Luden this, Luden that, made me pretty annoyed. The artwork looks pretty neat though, it looks like a power suit of some kind.

By the way, I hope your thread stays open this time...

giphy.gif

I think we'll definitely have more info by E3 for sure, hopefully a trailer, too. But, I'm just wondering how long this game will be stuck in development. I mean, it's Kojima we're talking about.

You never know, since Sony might not be as patient as Konami was. It might even be more watered down that V was.

Pretty cool front man for his new production.

As for waiting, dude, would you rather have a perfect game and be happy with it? Or get a rushed game and ***** about it?

Hard to say, especially with Kojima. Five years dev time with MGSV and it was unfinished...

Yeah, I'd say that would be applicable for every game, except a Hideo Kojima game...

I'm just glad he's finally free from MGS. The artwork looks pretty intriguing with whatever he's doing now.

Hard to say, especially with Kojima. Five years dev time with MGSV and it was unfinished...

Yeah but they stopped him on funding as well, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, when funds go dry, the game is going to suffer.

Yeah, I'd say that would be applicable for every game, except a Hideo Kojima game...

I'm just glad he's finally free from MGS. The artwork looks pretty intriguing with whatever he's doing now.

I wonder if that's still Shinkawa.

Yeah but they stopped him on funding as well, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, when funds go dry, the game is going to suffer.

I wonder if that's still Shinkawa.

Until proven otherwise, I'd say a good portion of the budget was wasted. Sutherland couldn't of been very cheap. Not to mention all the viral nonsense he did for the game.

Aside from marketing, I think Kojima bit off more than he could chew with MGS V. KojiPro probably spent a good portion of the budget creating those highly accurate maps from satellite imagery, but didn't have the time to fill them up with anything interesting.

And Kiba, yeah, Shinkawa is on board with Kojima for this.

I am optimistic about it since the guy has created some of my favorite games, MGSV as its called is unforgiveable but I still think the guy has some talent.

giphy.gif

I think we'll definitely have more info by E3 for sure, hopefully a trailer, too. But, I'm just wondering how long this game will be stuck in development. I mean, it's Kojima we're talking about.

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

Shinkawas at looks better than that render. An all black suit, like the logo, would have been better.

From the design i would have though the game would have more in common with ZOE than a standard shooter. I dont want a basic shooter out of such a unique art style. (cant wait for the artbook!)

To be fair alot of that was making the Fox engie. It would have released alot sooner (maybe more complate) otherwise

Shinkawas at looks better than that render. An all black suit, like the logo, would have been better.

From the design i would have though the game would have more in common with ZOE than a standard shooter. I dont want a basic shooter out of such a unique art style. (cant wait for the artbook!)

To be fair alot of that was making the Fox engie. It would have released alot sooner (maybe more complate) otherwise

If that's the case, why didn't they use it in V? :lol it looks way low res compared to Ground Zeroes.

I will reserve judgement until I play it but I hope that it keeps the cinematics that MGS was known for, I don't want to listen to hours of audio tapes.

Last edited:
I'll probably wait for the reviews for his next game. Kojima has big ideas, God bless him but terrible execution. He lets hype takeover his work and none of his games post-MGS3 aren't a jumbled mess.

It could be good, it could be bad. Need to see more to make some calls.

Not gonna stop the #standwithkojima fanboys from preemptively saying "GOTY!!!"

I will reserve judgement until I play it but I hope that it keeps the cinematics that MGS was known for, I don't want to listen to hours of audio tapes.

I freaking HATED that beyond belief. What a horrible choice. At least the volume of tapes to cut-scenes. It's worse than I've seen in any game.

I'll probably wait for the reviews for his next game. Kojima has big ideas, God bless him but terrible execution. He lets hype takeover his work and none of his games post-MGS3 aren't a jumbled mess.

I'm gonna blindly buy whatever it is. He's never made a bad game before really. Maybe disappointing to big fans like us, but still always great. Mechanically, artistically and fully realised worlds

Back