Ikea Detolf Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

questionman

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I am interested in getting a few detolfs for my collection. Thank-you for always answering my questions.

How easy are they assemble by yourself do you need two people for assembly?

What lighting do you suggest for detolfs?

Thanks again.

ideally you'll need a second person. Getting the panels to slide into the corner plastic sleeves is a pain in the ass. The door needs two people too.

They have those little dome lights (two screws) or if you are putting them side by side you can get the one that plugs into a bunch.

I am interested in getting a few detolfs for my collection. Thank-you for always answering my questions.

How easy are they assemble by yourself do you need two people for assembly?

What lighting do you suggest for detolfs?

Thanks again.

I'm going to level with you, it's not the easiest thing to put together with or without more than one person. Having help is definitely better than not though. One of the biggest fear you have to be concerned with is that you are dealing with mostly glass so when things don't align properly (and sometimes they just won't) be careful not to force it. Good luck. Assembling mine was a nightmare. I was cussing and screaming like a psychotic little whiny b--ch for over two hours trying to put it together.

I'm going to level with you, it's not the easiest thing to put together with or without more than one person. Having help is definitely better than not though. One of the biggest fear you have to be concerned with is that you are dealing with mostly glass so when things don't align properly (and sometimes they just won't) be careful not to force it. Good luck. Assembling mine was a nightmare. I was cussing and screaming like a psychotic little whiny b--ch for over two hours trying to put it together.

I had this exact experience! Hahaha

The biggest most pain in the ass thing (at least in my experience) is aligning the door so it will shut without hitting the bottom of the magnet piece. On a couple of mine I actually had to file down the top of the bottom part to get clearance for the door ro not hit it when it shuts. I have nine Detolfs, and all but 3 or 4 I did by myself. Two I bought used already assembled and a couple of the others my wife helped me (and by help I mean she just would hold the glass sides up for me. Would I recommend doing it by yourself? Hell no. I had a glass side fall over one me once hit me on the head. Another time one fell right on the floor. Luckily none broke. I am just an impatient ass who can't wait for help, lol. Be safe and not an ass like me and have someone help you.

I had help on my first two. From there on out I have done them myself. Personally, I would get assistance from someone your first time around, but from there on out, as long as you take your time, go slow, and use the wall/furniture/something to hold the glass up while you align other pieces you are good. Just be smart about it while you do it, take your time, and know the way it's supposed to be constructed so you don't always need to reference the booklet.

I had help on my first two. From there on out I have done them myself. Personally, I would get assistance from someone your first time around, but from there on out, as long as you take your time, go slow, and use the wall/furniture/something to hold the glass up while you align other pieces you are good. Just be smart about it while you do it, take your time, and know the way it's supposed to be constructed so you don't always need to reference the booklet.

Exactly!!

First one was a pain becasue I didn't know what I was doing, ideally you need two people but once I got used to it I was able to put it together by myself with ease. I'd rather do it myself rather than yell at my wife telling her to hold the glass still lol. All in all I put together six of them now, I find it to be quite easy.

Back