Prop Tauriel bow Weta vs United Cutlery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathMaiden13

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying the prop replica of Tauriels bow, and I'm looking into getting the one made by Weta on their site, instead of the one made by United cutlery. I have a few replicas from UC, and I've always been happy with their quality, but the bow on Weta's site just looks better to me. I'm not too sure if the quality of it will be as good as UC's version. So I'm here to ask if anyone maybe has both and could share which is the better purchase? Or anyone who has the weta bow, how's the quality of it?

If it helps you decide, BBTS has the Weta one for $180 on clearance right now. Never seen either in person so can't help with the comparison.

I got the UC Legolas Bow, wasn't that impressed. It was still a must have for me though.

if you have any of the UC swords, would you say that the bow's quality is as good as theirs? Does it have good weight to it? I'm assuming the Legolas bow is crafted similar to the Tauriel one.

I think I'm gonna go with the United Cutlery version, since I'm always happy with their pieces. ( and if I don't like it I can always sell it and get the weta one instead) thanks anyways though!

Honestly I would bet the Weta version is the better one. You probably won't fine the Weta one that cheap later on either.

I also think the WETA bow will be better. The quality of new UC stuff seems a lot cheaper.

I also think the WETA bow will be better. The quality of new UC stuff seems a lot cheaper.

I'm assuming the Legolas UC bow is similar to Tauriel's, if you have any of the older Lotr swords made by United Cutlery, would you say the bow is made as well as they are?

No, the bow is not made as good as the older UC stuff, I also got Azog mace which I wasn't too happy with.

Back