Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
I searched high and low, even searched my feelings but couldn't find a thread for this. I thought there was one way back but it must have been the generic thread for them all. Please merge if not.

I really like this, even more than I expected too. The base and pose are better on this than on the new PF for me.

It is $474.99..

"Sideshow spends a lot of our time creating 3D representations of some of the most recognizable pop-culture icons in the world and, for that reason, we are honored to present the Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue – part of our Concept Artist Series.

Ralph McQuarrie is the man who gave us the design and visual representation of Darth Vader, and our statue has been created based on his original illustrations featuring an alternate concept helmet.

Standing just under two feet tall, this polystone piece is our homage to the man who gave us one of the most amazing characters to ever take the screen."

rc4FQUR.jpg

EiRQMfc.jpg

2I7mNPm.jpg

UTNNnVP.jpg

5fRnqd0.jpg

fTlXIIi.jpg

OY8gLnR.jpg

14uVkM4.jpg

yr8VuKm.jpg

tqd8TTe.jpg

qph7yp6.jpg

8WG8xa7.jpg

sejNNra.jpg

cQDhsEe.jpg

HDERAAB.jpg

HDERAAB.jpg

TQvKT1g.jpg

UThKEkl.jpg

ROPtoxY.jpg

yxqjUAr.jpg

Very nice. But I still prefer the Kotobukiya RMQ statue set with Vader vs Luke. Much more iconic.

a shame they didn't offer the other helmet design as the exclusive.

no rush to buy any of these at this price point. I will wait for a good deal down the road. The fact that none of them have sold out speaks volumes.

The alternate helmet is included.

I'll be getting Vader. Just going to "force" myself to wait to order until the other two in the series have arrived, so I can get him down to a more palatable $400.

This will be my final Sideshow piece. :D

a shame they didn't offer the other helmet design as the exclusive.

Lol, just wanted to post that. I like the longer dome version a lot better. With the regular being a pass for me, international ordering for an Exclusive being way to expensive, add the high price and you get: a pass.

The alternate helmet is included.

Confused now, the pictures with the alternate helmet say exclusive. But on the page the entire statue is exclusive to Sideshow.

my bad. I only looked at the main page and it wasn't mentioned there. Good to have both helmets.

Ugh, Cna't Waitr to have this next to the vader PF,along with the Boba Concept. Hopefully they will do 1/6 for the Fett as well as still doing the Vader

I think it looks absolutely stunning. However I'm not getting into this line.

I don't believe it, but it's true! After all these years, Sideshow realized that red apples come in different sizes. Finally, they tell you how big the apple is! :lol

I still think they should lose the apple and just use a measuring tape. Maybe they misplaced the only one they had? :dunno

I hate when I look too deeply into things but can anybody explain the weight difference with these 3 statues??

Per Sideshow's site, Boba and Stormy are 10 pounds but Vader is coming in at 6.5?? The base maybe?

This looks like it will be a great statue. I particularly love the base, and the alternative helmet is a nice touch. The whole line would like great together, but I'm not sure that is a road I want to start down.

This looks like it will be a great statue. I particularly love the base, and the alternative helmet is a nice touch. The whole line would like great together, but I'm not sure that is a road I want to start down.

Agreed. I got the Fett because I just really like the all white look and the alternate head sculpt was key. The Vader is cool, but if I get it, then I have to go back and get the trooper and then... Well, you know. :)

Back