R2-D2 Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-sideshow-collectibles-400155/

To say that R2-D2 is only an astromech droid is selling this stalwart companion and adventurer short. True Star Wars fans know that without R2 there is a very real chance that the Rebellion itself would have ended in disaster. After all, it isnt every day that an overweight glob of grease is the one that saves the day.

Sideshows limited edition R2-D2 Legendary Scale Figure stands just under 2 tall and perfectly captures the digital soul of this iconic Star Wars character. Featuring a light-up head, articulated dome, reversible shoulder covers and magnetic restraining bolt, this statue is a perfect 1:2 scale representation of everyones favorite rolling blue astromech.

bY6VHUV.jpg

OwrM4kP.jpg

WCVC1QW.jpg

HqRU1ao.jpg

qLvc1e8.jpg

vMujxN8.jpg

vMujxN8.jpg

FECERMk.jpg

nGqDfvP.jpg

nGqDfvP.jpg

kYVomx3.jpg

HW4YzWA.jpg

S3GanhS.jpg

qQqdUY3.jpg

oRpVdKA.jpg

For 2k this is even more of a joke rip off than the plastic pf is. I mean R2 AND C3P0 for 2k... maybe but 4k for both? :rotfl

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
this is for someone who has more money then sense.

seriously, you have to be out of your mind to pay $2k for this.

Sideshow is out of their minds with the pricing on these droid LSF's:cuckoo::rotfl

It's like, the price things based on a title rather than the size/cost of resources. This thing is over 6" shorter than Gladiator Hulk and probably requires fewer resources to make. It costs $1400 more solely because this has "Legendary Scale" in the title and not "Premium Format." Sideshow only seems to look at things in terms of scale/title and not actual size. Even their life size busts are larger than this and anywhere from $1200-1500 less expensive. Absurd.

For those interested in a 1:2 scale R2-D2
DeAgostini will be doing a subscription for a kit, they're currently doing a test run in the UK but it will likely expand to other countries like they did with the Millennium Falcon replica, it's going to be fully featured (remote control) and will cost less than this, only downside is that it's a kit you have to build.

The entire LSF line has always been overpriced, I don't know how this line is still going, it's been a fail since the start.

It's like, the price things based on a title rather than the size/cost of resources. This thing is over 6" shorter than Gladiator Hulk and probably requires fewer resources to make. It costs $1400 more solely because this has "Legendary Scale" in the title and not "Premium Format." Sideshow only seems to look at things in terms of scale/title and not actual size. Even their life size busts are larger than this and anywhere from $1200-1500 less expensive. Absurd.

even their Reaper LSF is much bigger than this and is still half the price. Yoda was a rip for $2500 and many still bought that, so I'm sure SS is banking on those same people paying $2k for this.

The new Kylo PF seems like the deal of a lifetime compared to this thing. This 1:2 scale piece is shorter than some PFs are yet it costs 4 times the price. I used to complain about how the 40" LSFs were way overpriced at $2000, but this is on a whole new level of ridiculousness. Its pretty clear whoever is in charge of Sideshow's pricing has a mental illness.

Back