Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-A-Tron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Surprised no one added this yet after the video that came out today.

Screen shots from a Sideshow video:
Thanos onThrone1.jpg

Thanos onThrone2.jpg

Another statue on throne again? Not saying its not something collectors should get excited about. But i wish there was some concept out there that SS could offer us thats something different other than another villain sitting on a throne. It makes SS a little bit unoriginal. It sounds thou as if they are trying to compete with another company who had made a fully sculpted statue that blew a lot of peoples mind that's sitting on a throne as well.

We have the original SS doom on throne, we have ultron on throne, we have XM magneto on throne, we have gladiator hulk on throne by Halimaw sculptures, we have aquaman on throne from IA, and XM medusa on her throne....then this, then what? Maybe a 1/4 Loki sitting on throne next. And oh i forget i thought i saw a Mephisto concept somewhere thats also sitting on Throne.

This looks like a Marvel Now or movie Thanos based off the costume. I picked up the XM Thanos so I'm sure I'll be passing on this. Congrats to all of you that are still waiting on a 1/4 Thanos. Hopefully, this turns out great.

Really, you named what 6 statues out of the hundreds and hundreds of statues produced on a year to year basis and the "throne" thing is unoriginal? And Sideshow has done the throne thing what? Three times? That's it.

Besides, Thanos on a throne is appropriate. It's not like it's unbefitting of the character.

Another statue on throne again? Not saying its not something collectors should get excited about. But i wish there was some concept out there that SS could offer us thats something different other than another villain sitting on a throne. It makes SS a little bit unoriginal. It sounds thou as if they are trying to compete with another company who had made a fully sculpted statue that blew a lot of peoples mind that's sitting on a throne as well.

We have the original SS doom on throne, we have ultron on throne, we have XM magneto on throne, we have gladiator hulk on throne by Halimaw sculptures, we have aquaman on throne from IA, and XM medusa on her throne....then this, then what? Maybe a 1/4 Loki sitting on throne next. And oh i forget i thought i saw a Mephisto concept somewhere thats also sitting on Throne.

It is a little overdone IMO. I don't mind when it's an outside the box concept (Mags using his power to fashion a throne from Sentinel wreckage after a battle is genius IMO). However, I generally prefer standing poses for my statues.

Really, you named what 6 statues out of the hundreds and hundreds of statues produced on a year to year basis and the "throne" thing is unoriginal? And Sideshow has done the throne thing what? Three times? That's it.

Besides, Thanos on a throne is appropriate. It's not like it's befitting of the character.

Sideshow started the "throne thing" :lol

I see where you are coming from, but as I said on the other forum a throne for Thanos is more than appropriate. I feel like when people think of Thanos him being on the throne along with a couple of other poses (gauntlet ones) are the main images that run through their heads. I for one am very glad to see this being done.

Besides, Thanos on a throne is appropriate. It's not like it's befitting of the character.

That's very true. If any character can be placed on a throne, it's Thanos.

I see where you are coming from, but as I said on the other forum a throne for Thanos is more than appropriate. I feel like when people think of Thanos him being on the throne along with a couple of other poses (gauntlet ones) are the main images that run through their heads. I for one am very glad to see this being done.

Yep, and if they had done the one leg up that XM went with they'd get crap for that too.

Back