Media Sony closed my Ps4 account due to a $10 bank fee. That sound right to anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
hey all, so long story short:

On 4/1 (of all days), received an email from my bank asking me to review charges. Almost a $100 in COD DLC stuff was charged. Since I do not have COD, I disputed it without notifying Sony. Figured having to get a new card was hassle enough.

Tried to log in today, and told account suspended for violating the Sony Agreement or whatnot.

Spoke with a rep, then a Supervisor and told since I contacted my bank without first notifying Sony, I am responsible as it's MY ACCOUNT. The Sup made that clear.

Recommendations? Other than driving down to their offices and throwing poo, of course! Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Re: Advice on handling Sony and Playstation reps over fraud charges

file a police report.

So is the COD DLC actually listed as purchased on your account on your PS4 OS ?
If you search for it in the PSN marketplace, does it come up as purchased?

So is the COD DLC actually listed as purchased on your account on your PS4 OS ?
If you search for it in the PSN marketplace, does it come up as purchased?

I had looked under libarary and nada = will do that search then go from there. thanks all.

Well honestly, for all the hacks that Sony has gone through and with PSN, can they really blame a consumer for chopping the head off at the bank?

Exactly. So today, I called back. I have now talked to 2 reps, 3 Sups or higher from Sony and ALL PERSONS I spoke to said that money is owed by me to them or by BofA to them. Until they get their $10, my account (of ten years) is banned.

So, I have also Contacted Game Informer, Bank of America and filed a BBB consumer complaint form.

Just called news4sa (local San Antonio news) - had to leave a message of course. No person answered beyond the initial 2 people.

Next next stop: small claims court - once i've done my homework.

If they **** me over like this, they will **** everyone over.

Let it be stated for the record that I do nothing in half measures....!!

Last edited:
I credit you for taking this to the next level. I agree, if they chump a guy every couple hours, imagine the cash for em.

And Mario, why would you pay for someone else? Especially when it shows that his account never did it. Someone used my card to buy Fallout in Russia. Microsoft refunded it, banned the other account, and as an incentive gave me a digital copy for free of Fallout 4. Library filed saying a book was never returned (apparently they have been going under and been doing that a lot), got all the collection fees out, and theybe given me free unlimited usage of electronics and equipment for life.

My point is, why pay for it when the other person is in the wrong?

is it really worth it when you can legitmately just give sony $10

Its a fair question. When I took Sup calls at a giant insurance company, customers called about late fees. 60% of the time they were legit fees.....they would tell me, 'its the principal' of the matter. Well, its just felt so personal to me that I am beyond livid over this. I'm shocked.

Already talked to my Sister who is a lawyer, and she squashed the whole 'small claims court' idea. No doubt within the legal crap we have to agree to when joining, they are in the clear

I've read tons of stories like this about Sony. You should be using the pre-paid cards as Sony continues to have these problems. Companies in general these days hate it when you go to your bank instead of going through their bs routine first. Get the Supervisor again. Ask if they are the top or ask for their Supervisor. Explain the situation or if that still doesn't work, send a letter detailing the problem to the top of Sony's Customer Relations department that handles this sort of thing. Make sure you get the person's name. That will almost always work.

Ok, I posted this under the Sony boards. One guy in particular is taking this almost personally. Its just a weird reaction. I am Sarcastic71

https://community.us.playstation.co...ed-over-10-that-my-bank-charged/td-p/45740214

I've read tons of stories like this about Sony. You should be using the pre-paid cards as Sony continues to have these problems. Companies in general these days hate it when you go to your bank instead of going through their bs routine first. Get the Supervisor again. Ask if they are the top or ask for their Supervisor. Explain the situation or if that still doesn't work, send a letter detailing the problem to the top of Sony's Customer Relations department that handles this sort of thing. Make sure you get the person's name. That will almost always work.

Good advice. when I talked to the 5th guy, was told he was the head honcho in that office. I then asked for his boss, and he just tried to give me Corporate's address. may do that. Almost sure I will. At this point, I just want my PS4 for Uncharted 4, then I am out. this has been just a very unpleasant experience.

Anyways, guys. Its been an interesting life lesson. Stick to those pre-paid cards.........no CC. Hope I can help just one other Freak that may have gotten lax, as I clearly was.

Last edited:
is it really worth it when you can legitmately just give sony $10

yes, because the damage Sony gets is far larger than $10. it'd be all over the news.

if you just give them $10, you're as guilty as sony.

i believe this isn't the only case happening, many more probably goes under radar when card holders or banks aren't vigilant enough.

I credit you for taking this to the next level. I agree, if they chump a guy every couple hours, imagine the cash for em.

And Mario, why would you pay for someone else? Especially when it shows that his account never did it. Someone used my card to buy Fallout in Russia. Microsoft refunded it, banned the other account, and as an incentive gave me a digital copy for free of Fallout 4. Library filed saying a book was never returned (apparently they have been going under and been doing that a lot), got all the collection fees out, and theybe given me free unlimited usage of electronics and equipment for life.

My point is, why pay for it when the other person is in the wrong?
DarkMario can't really be reasoned with, believe me :lol I had some similar issues like this. It's so annoying. But for reasons like this I removed my CC information off PSN, especially with all the hacks. I don't trust leaving it there - hell my parents heard about all the hacks and told me to remove it for the better. I don't like some of PSN's download limits either, like how I can't re-download the God of War III Documentary

DarkMario can't really be reasoned with, believe me :lol I had some similar issues like this. It's so annoying. But for reasons like this I removed my CC information off PSN, especially with all the hacks. I don't trust leaving it there - hell my parents heard about all the hacks and told me to remove it for the better. I don't like some of PSN's download limits either, like how I can't re-download the God of War III Documentary

even if you remove your cc from their system, your cc details are still within their database. same goes for whichever online shops you shopped with your cc. and hackers hack database to gather data, thus the best way is to request a new cc.

and it's just not Sony, we know Sony because it's a huge company & the case was brought to light, many smaller companies have even weaker online securities just either they managed to keep it under the carpet, or better yet, they don't know they got hacked.

Hackers have made it a point to rape the network year to year without fail. It's baffling to me they'd **** a customer like this.

Lol my favorite is how every year for the last 3 years, Sony and Microsoft have gotten their systems hacked for the holidays. Hell, I buy single player games to tide me over since I know that's gonna happen. :lol

Let it be stated for the record that I do nothing in half measures....!!

1099.gif

Lol my favorite is how every year for the last 3 years, Sony and Microsoft have gotten their systems hacked for the holidays. Hell, I buy single player games to tide me over since I know that's gonna happen. :lol

I never buy Single Player games. :monkey3

So lesson learned: use those prepaid cards.....! Thanks for reading, all!

Prepaid cards lowers your potential loss, however you end up wasting small funds since you have to purchase a fixed amount of reloads and bound to have leftovers not enough to purchase much other than useless avatars.

Also are they selling $10 prepaids for $10 or there's a margin?

Back