ThreeZero Getter Robo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fett42

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got my black version of ThreeZero's Getter Robo a couple days ago. In-hand it looks really nice. The the details and paint are all great. The cape and scarf has some dirty weathering to it so it doesn't just look plain black. The black version of Getter Robo comes with some extra stuff, like a removable face plate, scarf, and a second type of spikes for the arms. The cape and scarf both have nice wires in them for posing. I did run into the problem of the cape being too heavy to get a wind-blown look, but putting it over the tip of the arm spikes helps a lot. By doing that you can achieve the wind-blown look without any trouble. The long set of spikes can be posed for different looks. The axes have pegs in them that rotate out and peg into the hands. This makes it so the hands can hold onto the axes without them sliding around. I remember seeing a preview video from someone that got a test sample to review and the axes didn't have those pegs, which made it impossible for the figure to hold the axes. Most of the joints are ratchet joints. They all seem pretty strong except for the mid-torso joint. That joint is fairly loose on my figure and it can be difficult to get Getter Robo to stand up straight while holding up the axes. One thing I like about the joints is they are hidden or blend in well. The knee joint is especially nice because there is extra plastic in the joint that covers up what could have been an ugly knee joint. The figure has two different places that light-up, the eyes and the red circle on the belly for a beam effect. Both light-up features are separate as far as battery compartments goes. Each place takes 3 AG1 sized batteries. I haven't bought the batteries yet. So I haven't been able to try out the light-up features. The figure stands around 16 inches tall and with the axes in-hand and the cape blown to the side he looks quite large. Overall I'm pretty happy with the figure. It is way better than ThreeZero's Mazinger figure in my opinion. I had that figure for a while, but I decided to sell it due to the legs being really hard to pose. Posing Getter Robo isn't a problem at all, and I'm sure there are a lot of awesome poses that can be accomplished with the figure.

So far I have only had a chance to take one good picture of the figure. I hope to take more pictures at a later time when I am able to use my photo cube.

getterrobo2.jpg

Awesome write up and so good to hear 3z put some pegs on the axes so getter can hold em!

Thank you. I was saving clear rubber bands and got some sticky stuff way in advance when I saw that Getter Robo couldn't hold his axes in that initial video review I saw a while back. I'm so happy that none of that nonsense is needed for this guy. I'm also glad the arms are strong enough to hold up the big axes. Hopefully the joints won't get loose over time from holding them up.

I was so close to getting this but after I received my full metal ghost captain and was so disappointed by how loose the joints were I decided against this....now I'm like hmm maybe I shoulda got him. Well, hope to see some more photos from you

Sorry to bump this but I just picked up this one from Amazon on a lightning deal for $131! Best deal I've had this year.

Back