I need an opinion.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88th division

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I received my PF grey Hulk exclusive. The statue and base are in excellent condition, however the box has a 1 1/2" hole in the front of the box by his fist. If I push out the cardboard from the inside of the box it does not look to bad. My question is. How much of a difference does the damage make? Thanks in advance.

Hulk was trying to bust out of the box!

I guess it would matter if you're a box collector too.

Some people here would toss the box out without a thought,others would get pissed if there was a hole in the box because I suppose they collect the boxes as well.

From the sound of your post, I take it you could be a box collector as well?

If you're really worried. SSC may be able to replace just the box for you. Theyve done it for me with a 12".

Last edited:
The Earl of Dunfield said:
If you're really worried. SSC may be able to replace just the box for you. Theyve done it for me with a 12".
i called SS about that since mine was roughed up, and they said they can't replace just the box because no xtras were made.

i wouldn't worry about it since it's not like w/ smaller stuff like 1/6th. doesn't seem to affect secondary market prices.

in this case, I would just suck it up and hope that it never happens again. I would rather have a rare collectible with messed up box than no rare collectible at all.

I'd keep it. Why bother with the hassle of returning anything. The box is pretty insignificant if you're worried about secondary market, I've purchased plenty of things sans box or box damaged just to get the actual item.

Mookeylama said:
i called SS about that since mine was roughed up, and they said they can't replace just the box because no xtras were made.

i wouldn't worry about it since it's not like w/ smaller stuff like 1/6th. doesn't seem to affect secondary market prices.
oh good point!:maul

Thank you all for your opinions. I guess I was just making a big deal out of nothing. Now bring on Captain America!!

88th division said:
I received my PF grey Hulk exclusive. The statue and base are in excellent condition, however the box has a 1 1/2" hole in the front of the box by his fist. If I push out the cardboard from the inside of the box it does not look to bad. My question is. How much of a difference does the damage make? Thanks in advance.

Honestly I recommend you think outside the bun!

in-taco.jpg

Back