Statue Prototypez Studios 1/4 and 1/6 Akuma statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
13015250_1316445758372805_8308493185412536854_n.jpg

Better than Pcs it seem. The Ryu definitely is. If it's painted and normal es, it will sell like crazy

Waiting for full reveal but way too many things that make buying from PCS a much better alternative, imho. I.e. I can already tell from that teaser that I'm not sold on the anatomy (he has a second shoulder instead of the right tricep). Also, Ryu's prices are silly and Prototypez business model is so chaotic that it's impossible to keep up.

Pcs Ryu was about 400 I think. if its price similar, I am definitely interested

PCS has the best prices in the market bar none, tho.
The Ryu kit by Prototypez is 600$. The prepainted was said to be around 800. At that price point, the 1/3 PCS counterparts are a no brainer in comparison.
I wouldn't mind to double dip a few characters in both 1/3 and 1/4 scale but I refuse to pay a 1/4 as much as a 1/3 unless it has some kind of incredible superiority, and that's definitely not the case for Prototypez Ryu. Gotta see full reveal on Akuma.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, it's not the fact on itself of paying 800-1000$ for a 1:4 piece, I've done it a few times. It's just that when a 1:4 piece comes at that price point I expect it to meet certain standards in terms of creativity and detail that I'm just not seeing in any of Prototypez's productions.
A Ryu charging a clear resin Hadouken, maybe with switch out bust for his standard combat pose? Chun Li in her flurry of kicks? Akuma would be awesome if he was made during the transition to the Raging Demon, lunging forward with knee up and the residual image of his movement done behind him in clear resin (similar to the XM Quicksilver).
Generic standing museum pose just doesn't cut it for me when the asking price is so high. And to be 100% honest on the matter, I think that Sosa as a sculptor has nowhere near the anatomy knowledges of most other top tier sculptors.

595e407cf56013c9a9d5478c35c0ad61.gif
latest

Don't get me wrong, it's not the fact on itself of paying 800-1000$ for a 1:4 piece, I've done it a few times. It's just that when a 1:4 piece comes at that price point I expect it to meet certain standards in terms of creativity and detail that I'm just not seeing in any of Prototypez's productions.
A Ryu charging a clear resin Hadouken, maybe with switch out bust for his standard combat pose? Chun Li in her flurry of kicks? Akuma would be awesome if he was made during the transition to the Raging Demon, lunging forward with knee up and the residual image of his movement done behind him in clear resin (similar to the XM Quicksilver).
Generic standing museum pose just doesn't cut it for me when the asking price is so high. And to be 100% honest on the matter, I think that Sosa as a sculptor has nowhere near the anatomy knowledges of most other top tier sculptors.

595e407cf56013c9a9d5478c35c0ad61.gif
latest

Some very good suggestions there Mule. Really surprised no one had capitalized on clear resin for more character's abilites as in addition to your suggestions I'd love to see Honda's Hundred Hand Slap and Guile's Sonic Boom.

I think part of Prototypez price is the paint level they are striving for. Some of the teasers really look like they'll have something special while other not as much so we will see. Ryu looks straight out of a screen from the SF2 but this Akuma and Honda don't have that classic appeal. Good to see sculpts already being worked for a line though.

Plus it's nice to see some serious Street Fighter pieces without doll clothes since PCS's Ultra line seems to have stalled. Still I'm really hoping the larger size and details in the outfits for the 1/3s look less like classic G.I. Joes to me.

Last edited:
Even though I'll occasionally go out of my comfort zone and get larger pieces, 1/4 is still my main interest. I'm really hoping Erick can deliver a high-end quality line of SF characters. Going by what I can see of his 1/4 painted Ryu, he's got my attention towards this 1/4 Akuma.

Some very good suggestions there Mule. Really surprised no one had capitalized on clear resin for maycharacter's abilites as in addition to your suggestions I'd love to see Honda's Hundred Hand Slap and Guile's Sonic Boom.

These are also great suggestions and the kind of stuff I'd like to see in true premium 1:4 prices.

I think part of Prototypez price is the paint level they are striving for. Some of the teasers really look like they'll have something special while other not as much so we will see. Ryu looks straight out of a screen from the SF2 but this Akuma and Honda don't have that classic appeal. Good to see sculpts already being worked for a line though.

Plus it's nice to see some serious Street Fighter pieces without doll clothes since PCS's Ultra line seems to have stalled. Still I'm really hoping the larger size and details in the outfits for the 1/3s look less like classic G.I. Joes to me.

I gotta say I came to like fabric much more recently, looks like mixed media improved a lot throughout all companies. Speaking of PCS, from the pics I was seriously impressed by the fabric on Nash and Ken, the texturing and details on the materials look spot on. I've seen MadX conversion of the old M. Bison piece to a whole new kind of fabric and it came out godly.

You're right about the promise of better paint apps by Prototypez, I've seen the teasers and they look good. Still not sure if that warrants the higher price tag since it's the kind of thing you could achieve by picking any prepainted statue and giving it to a good painter (and it would probably come out cheaper anyway once everything is said and done). I hope they can live up to that promise.
I still think that adding extra pieces and switchouts to the prepainted Ryus but NOT to the kit version is a huge mistake. The kit is already proportionally much more expensive and the lack of switch outs is really off putting.

Back