The Magnificent Seven

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the trailer is all about Pratt - which is not a bad thing.

Interested to see more about the other characters.

Looks fun! Also love how Pratt and Washington have pretty much the same outfits as Yul Brunner and Steve McQueen.

Would make most sense to make Pratt the Robert Vaughn character, but maybe they mash them up a bit.

Of all the potential reboots of remakes we could see, I reckon this film makes sense. Seems a bit like a generic action film, but could be fun.

I would love to see someone, preferably Blitzway, do Unforgiven's William Munny, Tombstone's Wyatt and Doc, and Django and Schultz. Those Enterbay prototypes were sweet. If it weren't for people that just have to speak their mind I would have them beside my tv right now.

Not as worried about this as I imagined, looks to be entertaining at the very least. Actually there has been some good western remakes recently, like True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Love the Magnificent Seven and it certainly doesn't need a remake, but this could be ok.

I actually wanted them to spin the magnificent 7 into a star wars spin off where someone puts a team of mercenaries together to go hunt a bounty, but it turns out who they go after is Obi-wan hiding on Tatooine. The world needs more space westerns....

I'm definitely going to see this. I enjoy Westerns in general and we don't see many getting made.

I'm only interested in officially licensed figures. Customs and bootlegs don't feel 'right' to me, and are are too expensive. Hence why I never jumped on those Tombstone figures, great as they are.

Remake of a remake (Seven Samurai).

Heh. We'll see.

It won't touch the original MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (or even be in the same stratosphere as SEVEN SAMURAI), but it could be decent enough. Will give it a shot.

Looks good. Western remakes have been pretty solid lately.

Wouldn't mind seeing someone reputable venture into western collectibles. Lots of damn good licenses wasting away. Tombstone. Justified. Unforgiven. Wyatt Earp (I'd prefer a Costner Earp to a Russell). No Country for Old Men. Hell on Wheels. Red Dead. Butch Cassidy. True Grit. Django. Hateful Eight. Deadwood. 3:10. Revenant. Lone Ranger. Zorro.

SnakeDoc

This looks like a cross of The Jets vs the sharks and that Lee Marvin classic, The Professionals

Not as worried about this as I imagined, looks to be entertaining at the very least. Actually there has been some good western remakes recently, like True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Though based on this trailer, to me, this looks more in line with the Quick and the Dead than those movies you reference. Or other recent, very good westerns like the Proposition, Bone Tomahawk, Django, Hateful Eight, or the Assassination of Jesse James. Looks like a mass crowd pleasing action film draped in the clothing of a western. Which is fine, but I'm not going to expect anything particularly special here.

Back