Alien Derelict Ship HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hollywood Collectibles Group is proud to announce their large scale model of the Derelict ship from Alien! This Officially Licensed model is 21" long and was molded directly from the model that HR Giger created for his exhibition in 2012 at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas. This intricately detailed model captures perfectly the Organic nature of the Derelict ship, and is complete with a base designed to replicate the bleak rocky surface of LV-426. This is the HCG Exclusive Edition which also includes a high quality 18" x 12" print of the Derelict ship model and is limited to just 100 pieces worldwide! A regular edition is also available. As with all Hollywood Collectibles pieces this museum quality model is constructed from heavyweight polystone and then hand painted to the finest detail.

ES 100

$499.95

L9GWfBb.jpg

ZVjeW3Y.jpg

0udkezM.jpg

SOoFx4v.jpg

I was getting all excited while reading the description, then I scrolled down and saw the pictures.

HCG is such a joke. At least they don't try to trick you by having a really good prototype then a ****** final product though, like sideshow.

I don't understand why they painted it in the scheme of vomit and dog ****.

Good to see they went with this shape rather than the croissant from Prometheus. Not sure about the color though.
What do you mean?

That paint job...only makes Neca so much better.
As the model itself, the only good thing is the description line "made by Giger".

I was getting all excited while reading the description, then I scrolled down and saw the pictures.

HCG is such a joke. At least they don't try to trick you by having a really good prototype then a ****** final product though, like sideshow.

I don't understand why they painted it in the scheme of vomit and dog ****.

What do you mean?

The design was different in Prometheus and more rounded. Looked like a croissant. I prefer the original Alien version. I like the sculpt of this but color is terrible.

Between a turd and sea creature was my first impression. Too bad the paint app is so horrendous.

Me too. The Derelict is one of the few non-xenomorph designs from Alien that I have any interest in, but this statue is a mess. Why didn't they paint it in muted grey tones like Giger's paintings (i.e. how it actually looked in the film), instead of this bizarre jungle stripe camo? And is it just me, or does the sculpt look kind of stubby?

What a missed opportunity.

In looking at this pic, it looks somewhat similar to the production prop in terms of color. Having said that, I always favor what it looks like on screen, vs the actual colors. Case in point, I see my alien warriors from Aliens as blue as they appeared in the film, vs brown as they were painted.

Derelict_Ship_production_1.jpg

Given all this though, I still don't like how this looks. The details appear pretty soft.

In looking at this pic, it looks somewhat similar to the production prop in terms of color. Having said that, I always favor what it looks like on screen, vs the actual colors. Case in point, I see my alien warriors from Aliens as blue as they appeared in the film, vs brown as they were painted.

Given all this though, I still don't like how this looks. The details appear pretty soft.

I think - going from memory, I could be wrong - the original was painted in a zinc-plate primer, same as Nostromo, then weathered differently.

View attachment 259546

I'd buy that for $499.95. :thud:

I agree with your comment though, details on the HCG piece look soft and the paint must look odd from up close.

The problem with the color is that they made it lots to thick on the model.It looks like its painted from an airbrushnoob.
The Original is more pale and washed over the basepaint.I think with a repaint this ship could look awesome.
If they would sale this unpainted for 200$ ist would be ok.But with this paintjob I would never pay this price.:slap

Hopefully the paint job will have evolved before this thing actually gets shipped out. HCG really missed the mark here, loosing detail with such a sloppy paint application. Though the original appears too bluefish in these images, the weathering makes a hell of a lot more sense. IMG_5157.JPGIMG_5158.JPGIMG_5162.JPG

Back