1/6 Hot Toys Quicksilver review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised to see Quicksilver rated so badly. His outfit and head sculpt are terrific, and he's cheaper than any other member of the AOU Avengers.

It's true that Quicksilver doesn't come with any "extra" accessories besides the hands and stand, but I don't know what Hot Toys would have given him as accessories that would have been logical or that people would have really wanted.

I'd have felt ripped off if Hot Toys just threw in some trivial accessories and then raised the price. I guess in this instance I'm happier with a basic figure without unnecessary accessories and a lower price.

Less than 4 years ago Nick Fury and Hawkeye were $189 shipped from SS. And they are major characters with a bunch of accessories. This guy is a one movie wonder with some hands. Even with a perfect sculpt this price is bad.

His hair didn't appear blonde to me in the movie. It always seemed a whitish gray, which is appropriate, since the comic version had white hair. And I think they did a fair job matching that color.

That's what they all say:wink1:

They do, they do... but I knew when I passed on Marty McFly that my 1/6 days were numbered.

Now I'm passing on the Endo and Alien Warrior, figures I would've jumped on a year ago.

The only license or characters I can think of that I'd definitely buy into would be Pulp Fiction and Rocky Horror Picture Show. And historically iconic figures like Muhammad Ali and Bob Marley. But fat chance of any of those being made :(

They do, they do... but I knew when I passed on Marty McFly that my 1/6 days were numbered.

Now I'm passing on the Endo and Alien Warrior, figures I would've jumped on a year ago.

The only license or characters I can think of that I'd definitely buy into would be Pulp Fiction and Rocky Horror Picture Show. And historically iconic figures like Muhammad Ali and Bob Marley. But fat chance of any of those being made :(

I keep trying to convince someone (Star Ace) to do RHPS. I'm not giving up.

Less than 4 years ago Nick Fury and Hawkeye were $189 shipped from SS. And they are major characters with a bunch of accessories. This guy is a one movie wonder with some hands. Even with a perfect sculpt this price is bad.

And less than four years ago, Marvel Legends figures were $14.99 instead of $21.99 MSRP, Star Wars super-articulated figures were $6.99 instead of $12.99 and Sideshow sold Premium Format Figures for $350 instead of $500-$550. Times have changed and prices have gone up. Hot Toys is giving us a secondary character hardcore fans demanded with a unique head sculpt that they can never reuse to subsidize the tooling for. The price on this Quicksilver is totally fair.

And less than four years ago, Marvel Legends figures were $14.99 instead of $21.99 MSRP, Star Wars super-articulated figures were $6.99 instead of $12.99 and Sideshow sold Premium Format Figures for $350 instead of $500-$550. Times have changed and prices have gone up. Hot Toys is giving us a secondary character hardcore fans demanded with a unique head sculpt that they can never reuse to subsidize the tooling for. The price on this Quicksilver is totally fair.

Of course, this "totally fair" price is relative. I'd say it's more like Hot Toys deemed it as what the market would bear rather than what was fair. As I'm a completionist I didn't hesitate to order him, but (like others here) I still wish he looked a bit more super to match his superhero price.

There was a period of time when I considered buying him...but I just couldn't. A big part of me wants to get one of every Avenger but I just didn't like his performance in the movie that much and even though he's more "comic accurate", I preferred the X-men movie version on pretty much every level. Now if someone had him on some super clearance sale or something(similar to how a few places I've seen MOS Zod and Jor-El for a bit over 100 bucks. Crazy cheap), I might bite, but for regular retail...meh.

Back