Statue Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale Darth Vader ArtFX A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
1/7 Scale Darth Vader ArtFX A New Hope - Star Wars Model Kits 1/7 Scale Snap Together Figures

KOT11522.jpg

KOT11522.jpg

The helmet needs to have more flair to it and the eyes are too red. They should be more of a brown-amber. Hopefully they will fix it before production begins.

How come it doesn't look half as good as their smaller Vaders? That's disappointing. Koto is usually good in terms of sculpt.

How come it doesn't look half as good as their smaller Vaders? That's disappointing. Koto is usually good in terms of sculpt.

I was thinking the same thing. still gonna grab it though. Hopefully we get new characters in this scale (cantina aliens being #1 on my list).

The museum pose is gorgeous, but the helmet looks like crap.

Reminds me of the Endor AT-ST hit by the 2 lateral logs:

AT-ST-during-the-Battle-of-Endor.jpg

Helmet needs a bit of work. This could be an awesome piece once its fixed.

There's a review online by Pixel Dan :

And another one by Shartimus Prime:

Looks good to me. Better than the proto as far as the helmet goes, anyway. What do you guys think?

No problem, happy to share.

Talking about links, I got a warning from my browser reading the forum is dangerous each time I'm visiting. Don't know where it comes from.

Congrats. A great daughter you have. :)

By the way, I know this Vader is labelled "A New Hope" but he looks very much like the Vader we see in Rogue One, particularly in the mask and dome (shape and shiny finish).

Just got this Vader after a long hesitation and man, am I glad I finally did. From the stance, to the red lenses, to the intricate crisp details, to the flawless paint app, it was well worth the money. I love it!

Here's a couple of not-so-good pics (it is quite dark right now). I'll post more this week-end.

Back