All-time favorite movie quote

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremaster_les

AF-FIRMATIVE!
Reaction score
May have been done to death, but what the hey!

All time fave...

Darth Vader, STAR WARS: Ep IV:
"I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING!"

Rounding out a top five...Runner ups (In no particular order, and maybe not dead on accurate, but close...):

Rowdy Roddy Piper, They Live:
"I'm here to chew bubble gum, and kick a$$! And I'm all out of bubblegum!"

Kurt Russell, The THING:
"YEAH! Well, F@*@K YOU TOO!"

James Mason, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea:
"YOU CALL THAT MURDER?!?! Well, they are the assassins, the dealers in death! I am the AVENGER!"

Bill Paxton, ALIENS:
"Well, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our a$$es kicked pal!"

NEXT! :D

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

JSA said:
The only other quote that comes close for me, is
Aragorn when he says "you bow to no one".

JS

Yeah JS that one nearly had me in tears. Absolutely amazing. My fave LOTR one is

'They have a Cave-troll'

It's the tone and everything that Sean Bean says it in that does it for me!

My other favourite movie quote is 'Did someone call a plumber?'

From Resevoir dogs:

"You gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?"

and from Amadeus:

"Your mericiful God. He destroyed his own Beloved, rather than have a mediocrity share in the smallest part of his glory. He killed Mozart, father, and kept me alive to torture! 32 years of torture; 32 years of slowly watching myself become extinct. My music growing fainter - all the time fainter... while his....

I will speak for you father. I speak for all mediocrities. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

Hard to pick ONE all time favorite, there are just too many to choose from! But since 'Aliens' has been on a lot of minds lately...there were LOTS of great lines in that movie, but here are a couple of classics...

Hudson: "Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a MAN?"
Vasquez: "No. Have YOU?!"

I've always liked when the Alien warrior is trying to get inside the APC and as it opens its jaws to strike, Hicks sticks his shotgun in its mouth and says, "Eat THIS!"...BOOOOM.

And then there's Ripley's entrance scene in the cargo bay as the door rises to reveal her strapped into the power loader, and she says, "Get AWAY from her, you BIT**!" I probably love that one best of all!

The Fellowship of the Ring:

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

Braveheart:

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

LOTRFan said:
The Fellowship of the Ring:

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

SOOOOOO freaky. I just copied this speech and was about to paste it in. Great minds think alike I see. Even though this interaction was much better in the book, in the movie was great.

For my 2nd quote it is:

Padmé: Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo; so long ago when there was nothing but our love. No politics, no plotting, no war. :monkey1 :monkey1

First one that popped into my head

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
- Doc from BTTF

"He's a very clean old man."

215183974_a2b174cba5_m.jpg

Hard Days Night

These are some of my all time favorites...

"Listen to them... Children of the night... What music they make!" - Dracula
"It's alive! It's alive!" - Frankenstein
"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" - Planet of the Apes
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" - Gone With the Wind
"There's no place like home." - The Wizard of Oz
"You're gonna need a bigger boat!" - JAWS
"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!" - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
"I'll be back!" - The Terminator
"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well... do ya punk?" - Dirty Harry
"Well... here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" - Sons of the Desert
"Open the pod bay doors HAL." - 2001: A Space Odyssey

There are so many. Obviously, for me, Batty's "Tears in rain" soliloquy is up at the top.

Some of my other favorites are:

"The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river." - The Sweet Smell of Success. A great line from a great movie.

"Soylent Green is people!"

"Take your stinking paws of me, you damned dirty ape!"

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

"It's alive!"

Last edited:
Back