Sideshow 1/6 FARAMIR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally decided to repaint the head sculpt of my old Sideshow Faramir figure. The original paint job was awful. The sculpt isn't that good either, but I tried to bring out David Wenham's features as best I could. I also added a green tint to the cape to make it more olive colored. Not bad for a eight year old figure that only cost $70 bucks in 2008. Maybe Asmus will remake it with a better David Wenham likeness.

Faramir1.jpgFaramir2.jpgFaramir3.jpgFaramir4.jpgFaramir Head.jpg

Great repaint. I sure hope Asmus makes a Faramir. I have always been a fan of Faramir and if I remember my Tolkien readings correctly, he said out of all the characters in Lord of the Rings that one was the most like himself.

Good job. Unluckily this is by far the weakest sculpt of SSC LOTR line. I repainted mine but he's still displayed with the hood up.

Great repaint. I sure hope Asmus makes a Faramir. I have always been a fan of Faramir and if I remember my Tolkien readings correctly, he said out of all the characters in Lord of the Rings that one was the most like himself.

And it's a stronger (not necessarily better) character in the book...strong as Boromir should have been when close to The One. In the specials PJ said he went with weak Faramir because there were many characters proven resistant to the Ring's charm (Aragorn, Gandalf, Galadriel).

I believe that's the case because Tolkien said he never planned on having that character be there. So Faramir being most like himself is probably a result of not planning the character out completely ahead of time. There are also probably some of his wife in Eowyn as well.

To the topic: That's a really nice repaint! I think you did a great job bringing out the likeness. I really do hope Asmus does a new Faramir, as he's my favorite character.

Here's an update to my customized SS Faramir. I dyed the the cape and the undershirt/skirt a darker forrest green to better match the screen costume. I think he looks much better now.

IMG_4388.JPGIMG_4387.JPGIMG_4386.JPG

Here's an update to my customized SS Faramir. I dyed the the cape and the undershirt/skirt a darker forrest green to better match the screen costume. I think he looks much better now.

Stephen nice effort! I've always thought the old Sideshow releases came with decent outfits and suffered primarily from poor older head sculpts.

IMO - being someone who is LOL face-fussy and can't believe some of the stuff that's actually released *sigh* - IMO amazing job. Probably only so much you can do if underlying sculpt is off, but I'd display this with pride - great job!:clap:)

I said I would try to rework on my LOTR figures, well, I began with Faramir. This is my first attempt to hair a figure. The result is not brilliant as Raymond F. or J. Rhamier's out of this world work, but it's better than the plastic hair at least ! And that's why I began with Faramir, it couldn't be worse.
Now I will work on the outfit, I will take some more shots when he's done. Thank you for your critics and advices !!
:)

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

That looks great. Really brings out the sculpt underneath.

I had my SS Faramir repainted and it made a world of difference. SS's factory paint apps on Faramir had to have been the worst ever.

Awesome work. Makes me glad I stopped by the old threads.

Fantastic job on the head. The outfit is going to be a challenge. I see the pleather on yours is starting to flake like mine is. Are you going scratch build a new chest piece?

Awesome job on that head! I was thinking about hairing mine and you've confirmed that it's worth doing. The outfit (sans the crumbling jerkin) is outstanding on this figure. So much great attention to detail on those under layers. I gave the cloak and the tunic under the jerkin a dye with olive green Dylon hand dye and it really makes the whole thing more screen accurate. Worth doing if you are tackling the costume next.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wow this is a blast from the past. The figure that single handedly killed the 1:6 lotr line for SSC. :lol

Also, that rehaired Faramir looks great! :rock

Back