ANOVOS Proton Pack replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiLoco

Freaked Out
Reaction score
3026ov8.jpg

Does anyone have any information about this? I wonder how much they will charge :\

Hmmm it says kit.

Lot of people want this but not a kit.

I'd love to have a proton pack but can't justify anything too extravagantly priced.

Plus, I'd enjoy something I could put together myself. Wouldn't it be fun to plug hoses in and screw down plates?

Maybe but painting it would not. Anovos is high end stuff so far.
Think there's a lot of people that would pay $500+ to have to paint something that likely would turn out like crap or adding more cash & headache to get someone else to paint it?
I wouldn't.

Think Anovos wants to waste their time with a sub $300 product?
I don't.

Maybe but painting it would not. Anovos is high end stuff so far.
Think there's a lot of people that would pay $500+ to have to paint something that likely would turn out like crap or adding more cash & headache to get someone else to paint it?
I wouldn't.

Think Anovos wants to waste their time with a sub $300 product?
I don't.

I don't know anything about Anovos, but I'm assuming they're calling it a kit to get around licensing restrictions, because Mattel has the 1/1 prop license wrapped up. So it will probably be something that's close to finished you just have to put it together yourself. I'd imagine something that's fiberglass or whatever, and you just put the parts together.

So exited for this.

I remember back in the day when Master Replica's got the license and I was waiting in anticipation.... until they closed down :(

Just visited the ANOVOS site, and wow... their **** is pretty pricey, plus a one year production date after pre-orders, might be hard to decide and order after reviews come out.

The kit will sell for $600. They said that they MIGHT sell a finished version in the future.

Starting to think anovos is a pyramid scheme, how can they possibly get involved in a new license when they havnt delivered any more than 1% of their sw preorders, most of which are approaching the 2 year mark now. Ridiculous.

Starting to think anovos is a pyramid scheme, how can they possibly get involved in a new license when they havnt delivered any more than 1% of their sw preorders, most of which are approaching the 2 year mark now. Ridiculous.
It's a scary thought. It's happened before. ANOVOS has delivered some products, they're just super slow. Unfortunate for all of us.

I've never preordered direct from ANOVOS. If they decide to bounce, I'll get my preorder money back from BBTS.

More details released.

Its gonna be a build your own kit, for $600, with sound and electronics sold separately, alice frame and straps separate.

Quite tempted... but I simply don't have the tools and space to build it.

If I was still living in Canada, I could try building it at a friends garage, but Hong Kong is an unfriendly place for these types of hobbies.

More details released.

Its gonna be a build your own kit, for $600, with sound and electronics sold separately, alice frame and straps separate.

Quite tempted... but I simply don't have the tools and space to build it.

If I was still living in Hong Kong, I could try building it at a friends garage, but Hong Kong is an unfriendly place for these types of hobbies.

well if you have moved out of Hong Kong, technically you are in a more custom work friendly place right now, unless you ended up in Singapore, or Vatican.

Looks like they backed up release by another quarter. It just went from Q1 2017 to Q2 2017. This company's business model seems to be to lie about the initial release date to generate hype and pre-orders, then string people along for another year or more while they sit on our cash. No other industry could remain viable conducting business this way, and yet the collectibles market seems to have no problem with it. Time to start looking for another Proton Pack maker/producer...

Looks like they backed up release by another quarter. It just went from Q1 2017 to Q2 2017. This company's business model seems to be to lie about the initial release date to generate hype and pre-orders, then string people along for another year or more while they sit on our cash. No other industry could remain viable conducting business this way, and yet the collectibles market seems to have no problem with it. Time to start looking for another Proton Pack maker/producer...

yup... part of the reason i haven't sent them my $$ yet! waiting to see some more info before throwing cash their way. 6 month protection is all you get from Paypal and my CC... so not loosing the money until it gets final!

I just got my shipping notice. It should be here by Friday, so we'll see...
Still no word on the electronic sound & lights kit, though.

I just unpacked the shipper and took a quick photo to post. There is no retail packaging. The shell is cast in thick, matte black fiberglass. The parts bags are inside the shell and the whole thing was heavily wrapped in shrink wrap. This thing is hefty and there are quite a few metal parts. The instructions are via a digital .pdf, but Anovos has yet to make it available, which is weird. I'm sure it'll come soon. I'm pretty damn happy with what I see, so far, and the build should be fairly straight-forward. Now we'll see how long the wait for the electronics package is.

Photo Oct 20, 1 07 15 PM.jpg

Back