Sideshow and Hot toys figures at Disneyland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plastic_addiction

Freaked Out
Reaction score
A number of Star Wars figures from both Sideshow and Hot toys are on display and available for purchase at Disneyland. Actually, there are a bunch of collectibles available. So if you are going to Disneyland, you might want to check out the Star Wars Launch Bay. It's pretty cool and not very crowded.

Do they have one of these at Disney World? I'll be there in two weeks!

Yes, WDW has a Launch Bay as well. It's where the Art of Animation used to be at Hollywood Studios. I was there vacationing when The Force Awakens opened. They had plenty of collectible items including many Sideshow products. However, they had absolutely NO Hot Toys figures at that time.

ANH Luke was 249.99 I believe, plus the 8% tax. It's a little cheaper if you've got a Disney Annual pass at -10%. I didn't ask if they had the brown shipper boxes, but the positive is that you can basically open them up on the spot and inspect for defects, etc.

Don't forget to take in account the price of the ticket it takes just to get in to Disneyland into the overal price. :lecture

And the fact that you have to drag those boxes around on the rides -- so much for pristine.

What's the alternative? Leaving it in your motel room or locking it in your car for thieves to break into or the heat to melt it...I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself and would probably just not go back to the park!

And the fact that you have to drag those boxes around on the rides -- so much for pristine.

:exactly:

What's the alternative? Leaving it in your motel room or locking it in your car for thieves to break into or the heat to melt it...I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself and would probably just not go back to the park!

Taking the monorail to the just as expensive Disneyland Hotel, leaving it in your room, then taking the monorail back to the park. :lecture

The trick is to know someone who works there and use their 35% discount :wink1: AND you can leave your purchase there at the store and pick it up on your way out

The trick is to know someone who works there and use their 35% discount :wink1: AND you can leave your purchase there at the store and pick it up on your way out

When I went to Disneyworld with my wife on our honeymoon way back in 2002 I bought a Hasbro 12' Ki Adi Mundi at the Star Tours ride. Since we were staying at a Disney hotel they delivered it to my room at no cost or they will ship it home for you. I'm sure they still do that especially with high end items.

They can hold any bulk items for you until you leave the park. I've done this before with other purchases. Having my 10% off the figures makes it even with SS. They charge me tax but no shipping. If I didn't have them on PO if buy direct from Disney. Funny to hear people's reactions when they see the figures and prices. They're so loud. We go every other week.

They can hold any bulk items for you until you leave the park. I've done this before with other purchases. Having my 10% off the figures makes it even with SS. They charge me tax but no shipping. If I didn't have them on PO if buy direct from Disney. Funny to hear people's reactions when they see the figures and prices. They're so loud. We go every other week.

Marvel at the details, but not at the price? :lol

I have the annual pass which allows you a discount at the stores, they have a ton of cool stuff at launch bay, i have bought everything from light saber umbrellas to lightsaber lamps. the prices really aren't that bad. the stormtrooper for first order i remember seeing and they were $215. by they time i get that online and shipped I'm above $215 and plus i have the discount. i pick them up on my way out as Im leaving, this way thus is no storing. above all its a cool place to see, its huge and they have props and anovos costumes on display. the place just keeps going.

Yup - saw this when I was at Disneyland a couple weeks ago......it made little sense (for me) to buy it there. Especially since I am from Northern California and flew in for this trip. Carrying the box on the shuttles, through the airport, and on the plane along with other luggage? Big fat NOPE. I have heard that Disney will ship items to your home, but if I'm having things shipped to my home, why not just order from Sideshow and get the points? But I did get a super sweet BB-8 drink bottle from Pizza Port and a "Chewie....we're home" shirt from that little store when you get off Space Mountain. I was a happy dude.

Nonetheless it was really cool to see the toys on display - they have them behind a really nice glass case and the figures look exceptional. They also sell some Sideshow figures and had the Luke X-Wing fighter and Han Solo Hoth figures on display and for sale. Sideshow has upped their game (and their price) but those are nice looking figures too. But damn that Luke Skywalker from Hot Toys is amazing.

They also had a full stormtrooper costume available to purchase for $9,999.99 for anyone interested...

Back