Are Hot Toys figures losing thier value on the secondary market?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollmanron

Super Freak
Reaction score
I looked at the going prices on some of my Hot Toys figures on EBay and they're not going for much, so I was just wondering.

Last edited:
Re: Are Hot Toys figures losing thier value on the secondary maeket?

Which ones?

Re: Are Hot Toys figures losing thier value on the secondary maeket?

Mainly Predators, Terminators and some odd and in ones.

I would imagine that the current figure saturation (nine Captain Americas!) coupled with reissues (eg. die cast IMs) can't be helping too much.

Makes me wonder if I should still order figures when they're offered, or just wait a year or so and try picking them up then. As for the figure I've got, I'd like to break even at least not lose money if I put them up for sale.

Makes me wonder if I should still order figures when they're offered, or just wait a year or so and try picking them up then. As for the figure I've got, I'd like to break even at least not lose money if I put them up for sale.

That's what I do. Its like buying a used car, as soon as its driven off the lot, it loses 25% of its value. Just be patient and wait for the deals. Sure you might get screwed on the rare occasion that a figure actually increases value but that is few and far between and you can always wait for the inevitable 2.0. Look no further than Star Wars. They actually had a ::gasp:: collectible but now they decided to re-release them and now they're not special in value anymore.

Best bet is to make sure you buy what you really like and do not get sucked into the flavor of the week. I occasionally sell a figure but i keep 98% of what i buy so i do not really worry about secondary prices.

Best bet is to make sure you buy what you really like and do not get sucked into the flavor of the week.

^^^

That way you couldn't give a **** about what the "secondary market" is doing. The only reason I know is for insurance purposes, otherwise I'd be in ignorant bliss. I won't know again for another 11 months.

I hope so, the original prices are why I have missed out on a few figures (the AOU Captain America).

Depend. DX11 Joker is crazy on the secondary market, so does DX13 BD

Some Marvel and Ironman are lose value

They are still to expensive if you ask me...but they have def levelled off and dropped in value in some cases.
I listed Mech Test Stark recently for 240 dollars and didn't get a bite.:dunno

With the prices rising, there isn't much room for inflated value especially when the market is saturated. How many buyers are in the market looking to cough up a crap ton of money for non-essentials? Once the value starts to inflate, the herd starts to thin.

IMHO, the only thing that can or could drive prices back up would be for Hot Toys and others to start ramping down production.

Last edited:
The 1/6 game been over saturated for a couple of years now. Most but not all figures...once you buy one at retail price your guaranteed to lose about 20% of value on the secondary market. Its just going to get worst.

Yup. Pretty much all the figures I've purchased have been well under their current value. Sometimes saving me as much as fifty or a hundred in cash. There's really no reason to buy new anymore unless you're afraid it will sell out.

Back